PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Mule

Steve
04-25-2006, 01:59 AM
I got a postcard from this company the Mulch Mule. Have you ever seen this?

It looks like they really spent a lot of time putting together an amazing piece of equipment.

http://www.mulchmule.com

kc2006
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
I checked them out online and looked at one that a local company has. Very nice piece and it bumps productivity way up. Just it's pricey. I think they're around $45,000

Steve
04-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I had a thought they might be high priced. I think the brochure said something like they have sold 90 across the country. Who knows, maybe they will get the price down and more people will be interested in it.

What do you think it should be priced at?

kc2006
04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
To be honest I'm not sure what it should be priced at. But 45G is alot just to bump productivity from 1.5 yards an hour to 2.5 (that's my personal number, I can get 1.5 yards an hour out and that's at my own easy pace) I put down 2.5 today in an hour basicly running.

Give me a dump with some sort of chute to dump it into a wheelbarrel and I'm good to go. I'm shoveling it out of the trailer at 1.5 an hour, if I had a dump, I'd be doing even faster.

I just noticed the local guy I was talking about is on their site, I might be able to buy it cheap when he has to put it up for auction...ouch that was cold! j/k though http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
LOL

Does the local company specialize in mulch only? Or do they offer other services?

How big is their company?

tiedeman
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
I finally saw one at a local garden expo downstate back in March. It was pretty sharp looking.

kc2006
04-26-2006, 08:04 AM
The company is mostly into landscaping. After they started hurting a few years ago they got back into the maintenance side and application side and run a few crews for that ( I believe they have 2 mowing crews) but they have about 10-12 landscaping crews.

Thats the one I was saying the owner likes to spend on himself alot and drained the company funds over the winter, so now they're way in debt from taking loans out to pay payroll.