PDA

View Full Version : designing business cards

gmoney55
04-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I am looking for any information on designing business cards. Is there any software that i can get to design my own business cards, postcards, and other miscellaneous advertising. I want to do my own designing but will have to take the finished product to a printer to be mass produced. Just looking for any help with this. I do not have any type of software on my computer that will let me design the cards. Thanks for your help

Steve
04-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Gerald,

I would say use photoshop. Then a bunch of these online print companies will have templates you can download so you know where the edges of the image should be and you can make sure everything will fit.

Does this help?

xcelprinting.com
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Gerald,
My suggestion would be have a graphic designer do it for you...why?, well, Photoshop or any graphic design software is going to cost you far more than paying a graphic designer to do it for you, furthermore these softwares all have quite a learning curve, it's not just a matter of buy the software, install it and design away....if it were that easy everyone would be a graphic designer.

The learning curve, the tricks and strategies for text and images is not that easy to figure out, also commercial printers require files to be prepared to certain specifics....these are all things that a graphic designer has completed college courses or certifications on.

Have a look at our Portfolio (http://www.xcelprinting.com/shop/portfolio.html) , there you will see some of the work we have designed and printed.

I would be glad to helping you out designing all your marketing material at a very reasonable cost, all with images and colors appropriate to your industry. You can contact me directly at the toll free # below.

Steve
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Jon has great prices on his graphic design and printing too!