PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best logo?

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Ive had lots of logo's made for me with more in the pipeline. But which do you think is the best and importantly why - and if you make logo's do you think you could you do better?

logo 1

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:18 PM
logo 2

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Logo 3

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:20 PM
logo 6

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:21 PM
logo 7

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:23 PM
logo 8

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:24 PM
logo 9

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:25 PM
logo 10

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Logo's 11, 12 and 13

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
logos 14 and 15

Steve
03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I like #2.

Why? Because it is solid and simple. Also the dimensions of it would look great on a truck door.

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for that - did you see all the logos before you made your choice? I had an awful lot of them to upload one post at a time.

Steve
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Yes I did.

They are all fantastic but that one definitely stood out.

I think a lot of times new businesses go for fancier and complex logos, but it's my view that the simpler they are, the more they are able to be memorable.

Lawn and Leaf
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes - there are two competing desires in my logos. One is simplicity, the other is memorability.

I have asked other people, and its usually been a straight split between the concept of the cartoons or the logo on the black background.

I agree that the logo on the black background is sexier and better looking, but then the cartoon logos are just mock ups to me, to test out the idea - im going to get a cartoonist on them, so they will look professional too.

Now an idea i came up with is this. I could use something like the text with the black background as my text logo, but surrounded by the cartoon type logo.

Thats going to be too big for letterheads in all probability, where i would use the inner logo and the cartoon blade of grass next to it (My little advertising cartoon), but it would be great on a van when its all professionally set out - or at least I hope it will be.

The van is going to fulfill both functions of an attractive attention grabber on the outside, and the simple elegant logo in the middle.

- Thats the plan at any rate, but i post them here to get others feedback, because im never short of ideas but its always best to run them by a lot of people first.

Regards,
Gareth Thompson,
Lawn and Leaf

UniversityLandscapers
03-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I liked number 11...not quite sure why, it just had a good look to me.

makbootzy
03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah I like 11 too...looks clean and professional.

bigpete
03-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I like #3

xcelprinting.com
03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Gareth,
I myself like #1 and #10, althugh on #1 I would change the wording under Lawn and Leaf, to something like Grounds Maintenance.

#1 looks very professional, it's simple, not cartoonish, looks like something I would expect to see from like a large corporation, thats I how I see it.

#10 has the cartoonish side, but visually everything is nice and centered, would look good on any marketing material you put it on, be it business cards, flyers, vinyl graphics on your car/trailer.

But I like both...the other ones, I didn't like, at all.

My suggestion is stop looking, and decide on what you have, unless no one has designed or been listening to what it is you are looking for....if so, then my suggestion is go through process of elimination, works for me.

And when you do select a logo make sure they give it to you in all file formats, for printing on business cards or other paper marketing material you will need 300dpi and CMYK color, also make sure they give you a vector image for vinyl graphics.

And when you get the files, see me about getting your business cards printed, you won't find a better price or quality of card stock, so far I have only printed for one member in this forum (Richard), I printed some brochures for him, he designed them, they came out beautiful.

The number listed below is my direct line, don't hesitate to call me with any questions, or if you are ready to order cards.

Lawn and Leaf
03-31-2008, 02:29 AM
Thanks all and Thanks Jon for your thoughts on the logo's.

I know exactly what you mean about the logo and am beginning to see it that way. Im still very taken on the idea of my cartoon blade of grass, but i think the rest of the logo can go. So i can have the simple, stylish logo in the middle and a (much better) cartoon blade of grass next to it, with a big smile and his arms pointing to the logo and name.

With regards to my literature and printing what i am in fact looking for is someone to design all these things;

Leaflet (s?)

Brochure

And maybe a Door hanger too, or a postcard type leaflet.

I will have to get them printed over here (Im in Great Britain) but that is no bar to getting them designed in America.

What I'm looking for is someone who has done lots of work for the green industry and therefore has lots of green industry templates all ready to go. As I'm a new company i pretty much want to stick to what other guys are doing in my first literature you see, so i can better measure the impact of whatever innovations I do decide to slip in later.

One problem with getting an American company to design them is that our houses and your houses, and the customers idea of the perfect house, differs somewhat, so we would have to work together closely on any picture that involves a house - And I do think leaflets do look better with one picture like that, with the long shot of lawn and house.

In fact I have sent numerous e-mails and contacts through the website to someone who advertises here, this guy;

Plan it graphics (http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/?ref=gophergraphicsforum)

But no one has got back to me. I sent him my first of many contacts about 5 days ago now but haven't heard back!

Andrew's Lawn Care
03-31-2008, 05:52 PM
I am interested in how you created all your own logos and designs.