PDA

View Full Version : logo 4 tshirt

makbootzy
03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
How would I go about taking my logo down to 1 or 2 colors for screen printing?

LGYardService
03-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah i was kinda looking into the same thing myself. My logo has about 5 colors. I have contacted local screen printing shops and they charge by the amount of colors. Apparently, they need to make a different screen for each color. So with all that work, the cost of getting my logo on some t shirts is very expensive. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Like 20 or 30 dollars a shirt. Any info or suggestions would be great! Thanks

makbootzy
03-13-2008, 09:05 PM
yeah im paying $40 set up then $12 per shirt......in the future I think I will pay $60 for a screen printing kit from hobby lobby and do it my self!

LGYardService
03-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote[/b] ]yeah im paying $40 set up then $12 per shirt.

I guess thats not terribly bad, but still its not cheap thats for sure. whats the layout of your shirts? Mine are going to have a small logo on the front left chest and a big one on the back.How many colors does your logo have?

Quote[/b] ]n the future I think I will pay $60 for a screen printing kit from hobby lobby and do it my self!

Ive never seen these. Do you think they are a good idea? Maybe i should do that haha

Steve
03-14-2008, 01:58 AM
I did some silk screening in the past and it was a blast to do! I know you guys could do it if you wanted too.

Check out the post here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1058;hl=silk+screen).

If you want to post your logo, I can try and play around with it and see if I can minimize the color. OR you can consider doing an iron on. You can buy iron on kits from a local arts & crafts store too. The iron ons are full color and you create them with your printer.

makbootzy
03-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I do not recomend the iron on...I tried it on some old shirts and they been just laying around and already faded. The screen printing does look pretty easy, I searched youtube for screen printing and they have some lessons on there.

I will be having my shirts printed the same way luke.
Fast Sign also got that logo down to 1 color for me so they should get goin here soon. Its going to be white on kelly green shirt.