PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Logo

Steve
03-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Here is a logo Matt wanted me to post on the forum to get everyone's feedback.

Matt, I am guessing you would put your business name under this logo image?

landonkade
03-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 07 2008,7:18)]Here is a logo Matt wanted me to post on the forum to get everyone's feedback.

Matt, I am guessing you would put your business name under this logo image?
I was thinking of using it as a logo or image for the business for the trucks, shirts, cups, and all. I do have it on a business card already. I have seen on a TV Show(The Big Idea) that a good logo and image tells alot about a business.

here is a old business card i used. I have new ones now with alot more info on it, i will post them soon. The one in the hammock would be the customer, and the man in the mower would be me,lol

clarklandscaping
03-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I think you have to ask YOURSELF if this logo is what you want your company to be portrayed as. Personally I think that impressions are made very quickly by potential customers and what they first see and hear is what they remember. So, I ask YOU is this a good logo for your business?

Steve
03-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Matt,

I think it would be very interesting to hear your reflection on it. What you think of your logo.

I see it and think it's fun loving. It looks like you had a good time making it and it projects that you are going to be a fun easy going guy.

Am I off with that reflection on it?

landonkade
03-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 07 2008,11:19)]Matt,

I think it would be very interesting to hear your reflection on it. What you think of your logo.

I see it and think it's fun loving. It looks like you had a good time making it and it projects that you are going to be a fun easy going guy.

Am I off with that reflection on it?
I myself like the man with the mower, and so have others that i give the cards to.

It might be good to market that or it might not be good, not sure, thats y i was putting it on here

I have always seen trees, leaves, or a leaf and such as a image or logo that people have with there business. I thought that image i displayed would admuse people. I know its something different for sure,lol

figured it could possibaly catch peoples eye

ritchiem
03-08-2008, 12:19 PM
It is not as clean as I would like it. And I wouldn't use it to represent my company...my opinion here. I have always said in the past that your marketing material needs to represent your company.

You only have one time to make a 'first' impression...and I am not too sure that that business card (logo) does a good job. Especially seeing the quality of work you do! I think it may sell yourself short with it. Sure some people may get a laugh, but what if that is all you get?

Now you don't need to be stuck up when it comes to designing a logo...it can be fun and memerable. But I have always found that clean and professional goes farther in this industry.

StartALawnCareBusiness
03-08-2008, 01:21 PM
My first impression of the logo is that is doesn't look very professional.

But, the more I think about it, I can see that logo appealing to certain demographics...younger home owners, people who just want basic mowing services, retired guys who just want to relax in a hammock, etc.

The logo might not be appealing with businesses and other professional contracts.

There's nothing to say you can't have two sets of business cards; one for easy going, fun loving (as Steve said) customers, and one with a more professional appeal.

All-in-all, I like it.

Keith

landonkade
03-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Mar. 08 2008,2:21)]My first impression of the logo is that is doesn't look very professional. *

But, the more I think about it, I can see that logo appealing to certain demographics...younger home owners, people who just want basic mowing services, retired guys who just want to relax in a hammock, etc.

The logo might not be appealing with businesses and other professional contracts.

There's nothing to say you can't have two sets of business cards; one for easy going, fun loving (as Steve said) customers, and one with a more professional appeal.

All-in-all, I like it.

Keith
i have looked in the logo section here on the forum and there is quit a few i like. Maybe i need to go with a tree or such.

i want something that appeals to the eye and is catchy and flows with the business.

I want people to say (WOW nice logo, very good thinking and creativity, i love it)

Steve
03-09-2008, 09:02 AM
There are logos that come across as very polished and I feel as a business is around longer, they tend to gravitate towards simple yet effective logos.

If your logo works for you now, roll with it and improve on it as you go. Businesses upgrade their logo designs all the time.

As an example, here is a before and after kfc logo.

landonkade
03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 09 2008,9:02)]There are logos that come across as very polished and I feel as a business is around longer, they tend to gravitate towards simple yet effective logos.

If your logo works for you now, roll with it and improve on it as you go. Businesses upgrade their logo designs all the time.

As an example, here is a before and after kfc logo.
would my logo or image look better if it was more clean and more professional looking maybe it needs a upgrade,lol. Or should i just choose a different one

Want me to send the image to a couple of you, so you can play with it and see what you can do.

Like i said i want people to say (WOW what a logo, i would have never thought of that for that type of business).

Or should i just go with a different logo..

There is a delivery service here in town that there logo is that road-runner carton character. There business is called Road-Runners Delivery Service in dothan al. Maybe you can find his logo, i cant for some reason, i have seen it before though. Go here to see his google page http://www.google.com/search?....+dothan (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZHY_enUS244US244&q=road+runners+delivery+service+in+dothan)

Steve
03-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Matt,

You are doing so great with your business this year, I think you would really enjoy updating your logo. Maybe contact Richard and he could help get a logo together for you?

I really liked what he did with his logo.