PDA

View Full Version : How Much Money Can I Make?

mowboy
01-27-2006, 06:13 PM
The question from Dale of Henry's Lawn & Landscape is:

I will have 50 accounts - all residential. I will mow, do fertilizer applications , maintain garden beds, do some light landscaping and snow clearing. What can I expect to gross?

Thanks for your query Dale. Starting a new business means that you have a lot of questions... how much will I make? How much will the expenses be? How many customers do I need to break even? What services will I offer? How much should I charge? We all have these questions.

The fact is, Dale, you need to know the answers to these questions before you open your doors. Your question leads me to believe that you need to do a little research. I cannot say with any certainty how much you would gross with the information that you provided. It depends on a lot of factors like where you live, how big the properties are, how much snow you get and so on. Even if I could tell you, that is only one of many answers you need to know!

The best way to find out the answers to these important questions is to develop a business plan. There are a number of books and resources that can help. My book Start and Run a Landscape Business (http://www.mowboy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=38) provides instruction and advice on writing a business plan specifically for a landscape maintenance company and there is a sample plan to help you too. The team here at Gopher are always willing to lend a hand (as am I) by posting questions here on this forum. There are other books too that will help you with this important but often overlooked part of starting a lawn care business.

I hope that you will consider this and that you do well with your business. Please let us know if you need help with it. Good luck!