PDA

View Full Version : Two_Dogs here is a referral letter

Steve
01-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Two_Dogs,

Here is a referral letter, based on your previous post. Maybe you will find it helpful? Or do you have any suggestions to make it better?

Download it in Word Doc format (http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/referal-letter.doc).

Two_Dogs
01-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the letter, however I already had one composed and used it.

Just a helpful tip, during any slack time I have I think of the services I plan to promote, the inducements I want to throw out there, price increases I need to make, etc. I then wordsmith a document that I then save as a template, then each customer that needs to get a copy of a particular form can simply have thier name address and town cut and pasted in the heading. When I am done with the letter I always save each customers letter as a reference and in the event I need it again in the future.

P.S. When I save to a folder I always use the show in groups option, all documents and internal folders are then sorted alphabetically.

maelawncare
01-19-2006, 03:47 PM
hey, thanks though. i can use it http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi Two_Dogs,

What types of services and inducements have you tried in the past which you have found to be worth while?

Two_Dogs
01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
The service I found to be the easiest upsell for us was bed renovations, existing plant beds are overgrown, no longer have an edge, we would come in and renovate, make it look like new. I found before and after photo portfolio to be the only inducement I needed to upsell this service.

Really last year our level of business at the start and as the season progressed, had us kind of scrambling to get it all done all season long. I inherited some accounts at the beginning of the 2005 season and they were woefully underpriced IMO. I raised prices considerably across the board, but to help alleviate the sticker shock offered fifth mow and tenth mow free. I now, this year, have prices where they needed to be and my customer base is used to paying these prices. Retention rate is at or above 99% as well with our only lost account coming from an elderly woman selling her house and moving to Texas.

Getting that first year under our belts has been beneficial as far as gaining perspective and focus (last year going into the great unkown we could plan but without the benefit of operational knowledge) We have a much cleare picture of exactly who our customers are and thier expectations, much better handle on what we need to concentrate on and who.

The referral program, differing payment options and methods, discounts on full season lawn applications, discounts on full property maintenance packages, free menu item at PR's, combined with exploring some inexpensive advertising opportunities (PR's and I've talked with the carpet cleaning company owner) really have me excited about our prospects for the upcoming season.