PDA

View Full Version : Logos, Flyers, Print Advertising/Media

popejoydesign
03-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Greetings!
I have attached some of the logos and printed material I have recently designed. *I design anything from logos to simple flyers to entire identities. *I also work as an artist for SBC Yellow Pages and am responsible for all the print advertising in 3 directories. *If you have any design needs please feel free to contact me.
mark@popejoydesign.com or 479-644-7809
thanks!

Steve
03-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi Mark,

Nice work.

Quote[/b] ] I also work as an artist for SBC Yellow Pages and am responsible for all the print advertising in 3 directories.

Do you have any suggestions about advertising in yellow pages? I know many of our forum readers use them.

Ned
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey PopeJoy... I like your "How to be a Passenger" Pamphlet. I used to be a Motorcycle Riding and Safety Instructor (for 5 years), my last career before entering Graphic Design.

Those would be a great thing to have to hand out to passengers the first time they get on. We always tell our students that it doesn't matter how much experience they say the've had as a passenger, unless they've done it with YOU, then it's your job to educate them on how to ride with you. We all have our own spiel which we give our passengers, such as "look over my low shoulder, keep your feet on the pegs at all times, mount and dismount from the left, etc.", but it's good to see it on paper, outside of riding manuals.

popejoydesign
03-30-2006, 10:21 PM
When it comes to Yellow Pages, it is my job to create an ad to get the customer to call you, period. Customers are on a very short list of questions they are looking for before they call you. Your name, what you do, your phone number and what you provide. I always stress a clean, legible ad. A lot of people just want to cram a lot of info into their ad, that just makes for bad design.

Although the biggest ad isn't always the best, it always puts you in front. I know everyone would like to afford a huge ad but just can't. Leader ads are a good product because they list at the front of every heading, even before display ads. It's a matter of budget. They are proven to work, if you use them correctly.

Steve
03-31-2006, 10:40 AM
How do you define leader ads?

popejoydesign
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
A leader ad is technically an incolumn ad (a non display ad) But in AT&T/SBC Yellow Pages directories we have a leader ad.
It's an incolumn ad that begins the heading. Say you have a leader ad in lawn maintenance. It will start directly following the heading name. And, unlike other in column ads, you can have full process color and photo's in the body of the ad. It will even appear before any display advertising including a full page ad.

There can be only 3 or less leader ads available per heading. This means if there are already 3 at the heading you want, you are put on a waiting list. But if you are able to get one, you can use it as collateral for your business if you ever plan to sell it as well. It's a great product for less money.

popejoydesign
03-31-2006, 10:50 AM
These leader ads are 1 column wide by about 5-6 inches tall, sometimes larger depending on the directory they are in. They will also have a little black triangle in each corner to distinguish it as a leader ad. Some basic specs and standards the artists have to abide by.