PDA

View Full Version : youtube autoplay setting

Steve
11-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Patrick asked how to set up a youtube autoplay video

Here is the code for mine.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZu0QS5PeCM&autoplay=1"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZu0QS5PeCM&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

[/QUOTE]

Notice in the code there is a &autoplay=1 setting. Do that with yours and let me know if it works.

FourSeasons
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
yes and post it so we can see it

pmblair
11-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Schweet! It worked!!

Check it out... Green & Clean's webpage (http://www.greenandcleanga.com/)

PS- What happened to the "Quick Reply" at the bottom??

Steve
11-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I like your site a lot!

What's next for it?

Quote[/b] ]PS- What happened to the "Quick Reply" at the bottom??

I am trying a test. See a lot of newer members have a difficult time posting attachments because they use the quick reply area. But in order to add an attachment you need to click the add reply button first. So I hope this will help to make the process easier.

pmblair
11-19-2007, 02:14 AM
What's next for the video or the website itself?

The video:
We're going to do a piece on the importance of fall & winter clean-ups... that even though the lawns are not growing and not getting mowed, they need to keep the lawns free of leaves and other debris so that when spring rolls around they don't have dead spots in their grass.... you know... stuff like that there... lol

The website:
I actually have to spruce up the services page... make it a little easier on the eyes... change fonts and sizes... add some pics... etc...

Steve
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Quote[/b] ]The video:
We're going to do a piece on the importance of fall & winter clean-ups... that even though the lawns are not growing and not getting mowed, they need to keep the lawns free of leaves and other debris so that when spring rolls around they don't have dead spots in their grass.... you know... stuff like that there... lol

Will you be discussing fertilization or aeration?

pmblair
12-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey Steve... I need to revisit this question with you... Now that I have figured our (with your help) how to make my video autoplay, I need to know this: How do I make it play but not run directly into the next video?

Steve
12-08-2007, 02:35 AM
Hmm. Well, my video at top stops at the end of the video.

Maybe you have a playlist set up and that is why it is doing it?

pmblair
12-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Making the playlist was the only way I could get it to where the player only showed MY videos on the menu.

I'm soooooooo confused... lol

FourSeasons
12-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow nice video! Thats good how you lead it into you doing for them. good way to sell your services.

Steve
12-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Quote[/b] ]Making the playlist was the only way I could get it to where the player only showed MY videos on the menu.

Oh I am guessing you mean at the end.

Well, from what I know you can have a single video auto play and then at the end it seems to pick similar videos.

The play list will solve that but then play all your videos.

So I am guessing which ever one works best for you.

Or there is a loop feature which would keep playing your video over and over again.

Does this help?

pmblair
12-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Rob-
Thanks for the compliment... we got the idea from Steve with the GupherHaul videos... I said to my partner "Hey, we could do that and put it on our website... like a tv commercial but on the web..." ...and here we are... doing them... then Steve "encouraged" us (by doing it himself) to do greenscreen editing... it's pretty interesting... hard to get started, easy to do when you get going with it... It's something that anybody with a video camera could do, too!

Steve-
I see what you're saying about it all, now... I guess I'll just have to wait until I get 10-20 videos going before I can just let it take all of my videos... Thanks for the helpful suggestions! =)

FourSeasons
12-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Patrick-
I know this is off the topic, but how is your business. I remember when you first got on this site. About the same time as me. seemed like you were just starting out. Are you keeping busy still. And if so what kind of work is keeping you going? Are ;you still doing pressure washing?