PDA

View Full Version : Merged businesses keep environment and lawns green

Steve
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
The electric powered lawn care business, Clean Air Lawn Care, is expanding. This idea really seems to be taking off and is getting quite a bit of media attention.

Are more electris powered lawn care businesses popping up in your area?

Merged businesses keep environment and lawns green (http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,665194024,00.html) - Three years ago Scott Cooney's friends thought he was crazy for starting Eco-Mowers, an environmentally friendly lawn-care business.
Since that time, interest in green businesses has grown exponentially. Not only is Cooney's business expanding, but this year the lawn care portion of it merged with Clean Air Lawn Care, a lawn-maintenance company that began last season in Fort Collins, Colo.
Cooney is in favor of the merger.
"I fully support what Kelly (Giard, the president of Clean Air) is trying to do, and it's something I'd thought about," he said. "It's a green business that basically anybody can run regardless of their financial situation."
This year Giard is expanding Clean Air into Denver, Boulder, New York City, Seattle, Portland, Austin and Atlanta, in addition to Salt Lake City. The Salt Lake location mainly came about because of the merger with Eco-Mowers, but Giard feels it has been a good decision.
"It's our first acquisition of a like-minded business in the country. What Eco-Mowers is doing is fairly unique and innovative," he said. "We think the Salt Lake market is a good market for us to be in. It has some issues with inversions and air pollution there."
Clean Air offers a weekly lawn maintenance service from April to the end of October. All the company's mowers, edgers and blowers are powered by electrical or bio-diesel power. They recharge with wind and solar-energy panels installed on the truck where they are housed.

tiedeman
06-24-2007, 07:27 PM
good for them!

Steve
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
I am seeing more of these electric powered lcos making headlines.

Do you think this is a fad or is it a sign of things to come?

tiedeman
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
I think its a sign of things to come.

Like I have said millions of times. What is going to happen is people are going to decrease the size of their lawns, install more native plants and natural landscapes, stop using pesticides, and go to all electric.