PDA

View Full Version : No one to hire?

Steve
05-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Have you seen other lcos having problems hiring legal employees?

It seems this may become more and more of a problem.

Visa shortage proves hard on landscapers (http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2007/05_20-30/BUS) - That's left him with no choice but to put up a big "help wanted" sign beneath the Evergreen Gene billboard - in Spanish.

"I've tried to hire people through the newspapers," said Mr. Hudson, who pays his Guatemalan crew $10 an hour to work from March to November. "I've tried to hire Americans. But they don't want the job. Now I'm down to everyone else, trying to get illegals in."

Of course, the few replacement workers he's hired all carry work cards and have Social Security numbers. But he has little doubt that some - if not most - are illegal.

tiedeman
06-17-2007, 01:54 PM
When I had employees I could never find dependable and quality driven employees. It was horrible!

JMM0254
06-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Hire only the legal, that's all there is to say. I have workers, and even my wife are from out the country. They all paid their money to be here legal. It is a process that needs to be done, then you are here legal. Every illegal alien, from ANY county, HAS TO DO IT THE RIGHT and LEGAL WAY. It's been that way for many.... MANY years. Why do we want to change it now? This is America, home of the free, the land of opportunity. Just adhere to the laws that have been in effect for a very long time. Nothing more to say about this, it has all been said and hashed out many times. I am sure the Government would allow for payments over time or reduce the cost for an illegal to get their "green card". Otherwise, it costs about $2000.00 to do it the right way, legally. Everyone can have 12 kids and afford that, why not have a couple of kids and work at being here legally? Too many "excuses" and no action. Every illegal wants it the cheapest fastest way possible. It is not right. It's the law, if you are here illegally, then you have gone against the law. Period. You should be arrested and spend time in jail and/or be sent back home. Then come back and work for your 90 day VISA time and hire a lawyer or get it done for free at the state you live in. These options are available to everyone. Get a payment plan, whatever it takes. If you want it that bad, follow the law, do it the right way. ....... Just my 2 cents..... it is crazy how much media attention this has all gotten. There are laws in place, abide by them and everyone does well. It's been this way for Centuries.