PDA

View Full Version : Whats more important to you

Steve
12-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I saw this post on another forum and thought it was a great question. What is more important to you, image or profits and why?

Steve
12-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Do your customers care how (you, your truck, your crew, etc) look as long as you do the job they want at the price they are willing to pay?

GreenCrew
12-13-2005, 08:17 AM
One of the big ways my company stands out from the hacks is how we look.
If your crew looks good, you can make better money than if you are mowing lawns with a ripped tshirt and jeans.

Steve
12-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi GreenCrew,

And welcome! So for your company a good image leads to good profits? Thanks!

ritchiem
12-16-2005, 05:44 PM
That is a great question TG...is there a right or a wrong answer? In my opinion "Image" is by far the most important. Example...2 companies side by each, both have the same quality of work, both charge the same. Company A's employee's wear ripped jeans stained shirts, unshaven and are foul mouthed. Their equipment is dirty and their truck and trailer have no corporate identity (logos, slogans). Company B's employee's are clean and neat, their trucks and equipment are clean and well kept. Which one would you choose to take care of your property?

That is image...

Image acts as a salesman; it is the first impression to a potential client. Followed by how you conduct yourself. Also, by having clean trucks, equipment and staff. It shows the public that you must be doing alright as a company.

Now of course image is not everything, you need to have the quality and experience to back it up. Nothing worse than a suit and tie not knowing what they are talking about.

Here are some ways to strengthen your image;

1. Make professional invoices; stay away from making your invoices using word. Get a program that allows you to generate clean professional invoices...you could even make a great spreadsheet using excel.

2. Keep all of your equipment clean and in good running order. Not only will it lengthen the life of your equipment, but the public will look at your company as professionals that can afford good equipment.

3. Get a logo! Corporate Identity is an important tool for people to recognize you.

4. Make sure that your employee's act professional...get rid of the roughhousing and swearing. It makes you look bad.

5. Back up your quality with competitive pricing. Know why you charge for the quality of work you do. But don't under quote every job...your competition can give you a bad rep just as fast as anyone else.

Those are just a few pointers I have tried to enforce and follow...but not to contradict myself...we all need to eat.

Steve
12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Very insightful! Thank you for your input.