PDA

View Full Version : Dont know were to start

MJK
05-29-2006, 07:46 PM
I want to become a lagit company now, but i don't know were to start. I'm in Michigan and i have a name but i don't know were to registor it at. I don't have to have any licences and permits. What do i do to become the real deal?

Steve
05-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi MJK,

To register your business you can go to the local county court usually and register a DBA (doing business as) name. Once you do that you can get all the licenses and permits you need.

I think you mentioned you work for another LCO, do they have permits and licenses? Could you make a list of the ones they have and then go after them yourself for your company?

If not, then simply ask around and find out what you need or go to the local town hall and ask there.

Keep up the great work.

VPS Lawn Care
06-22-2008, 10:20 AM
if your not going to incop, then you should go to mich state web site for corp's to register a fictisious name, they will send you a cert for the co name, the site has alot of info on llc's inc' to that is helpful, a small fee to state is req. this is how it is done in florida anyway & a frien of mine that has a buiss in mich says its the same there, you will need a fic name in order to open a co bank account