PDA

View Full Version : Kick Back sometimes

tiedeman
03-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Once in a while I can kick back and read a good book. *Believe this or not, if the book is good, I will finish it within two days or less.

There are only so many books that have kept my interest up late in the nights reading.

John Grishman "The Client" *One of the first books that I ever read in one sitting.

Dan Brown "The Da Vinci Code"
I read this book about 4 years ago, and totally feel in love with it. *Truly an amazing book. *You seriously will hop online while reading this book to look at images and paintings.

Dan Brown "Angels and Demons" *I am currently reading this one, and another perfect book that is a must read. *I am about 1/4 way through this book, just started reading it yesterday.

George Orwell "1984" *A classic book. *This is probably one of my most favorite books right behind The Da Vinci Code.

JR Tolkien "The Hobbit" *Amazing book. *Perfect for any kid to read as well.

Ben Mezrich "Ugly Americans" *This is a true story. *Great book for the guy. *Does have some very strong language.

Martha Stewart "The Martha Rules" *Got this as a Christmas present this year. *Read it in two days. *A great business book for everyone. *Very "real" book that she wrote shortly after she was released from prison. *

Scott Fitzgerald "The Great Gatsby" *Classic book. *The movie does it no justice though.

Charles Dickens "Great Expectations" *Same as above, the movie horribley murdered the book. *This is a great book to read though. *The ending is the best.

Steve
04-01-2006, 09:22 AM
What did you like most about Martha Stewart's book?

Do you watch any of her shows?

What do you like about her most?

tiedeman
04-01-2006, 11:12 AM
The book is great. It explains what she has been through and what to do in the business world. I have noticed that in her book she is more passionate about her business compared to other business books. She really gets you involved in it.

I did watch her apprentice show which wasn't bad, could have been better though. Once in a while I will tune into to watch her regular day time show, maybe like 2 or 3 times a month.

What I like most about her is that she is straight forward honest and doesn't leave anything out in the open. Like with the prison thing, she openly talked about prison in the book, people she meet there, etc.

Even when she was having her problems with the Donald, I remember tuning into one of her day time shows of where they were making mixed drinks. It was so funny, because Martha was making something and she was adding vodka by measuring it into a measuring cup. She filled the cup up to the proper amount, dumped it into the mix, and then said, "Well the week that I have been having, what the ####." She then proceded to dump a cr@p load more into the mix, and then took the bottle and downed the entire thing right there on tv. I was shocked and awed! But it was also so cool that she could be so personalable to do something like that

Steve
04-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Interesting!

What's her background? How did she get started in this?

tiedeman
04-02-2006, 02:15 PM
She actually started out doing some modeling, then on to Wall Street as a stockbroker, then became a real estate agent, and then what really kicked things off she became a catering business. And it went from there.

Steve
04-02-2006, 04:43 PM
WOW! So the Martha Stewart Omnimedia company spun out from a catering business!? That is amazing! Who would have thought!

I need to get her book!

tiedeman
04-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Yup, I was pretty surprised. Like I said, it's a great book to read.