PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Getting a Website?

LawncareMarketingMagic
12-03-2005, 01:05 PM
If you've ever thought about getting a website for your lawn care business, now is definitely the time to do it! Not only does a website give your business a more professional appearance, it can also be a vital component of your marketing plan if done correctly.

From now until Christmas, or for the first 15 people that respond, I'm offering a 50% discount on website packages for lawncare companies. There are 3 packages to chose from so depending on your budget, we have a package for you.

So as not to make this post too terribly long, you can learn more about this opportunity here:

http://www.lawncarewebdesignmagic.com

The page doesn't mention anything about the 50% discount because I'm not making it available to the general public. In fact, to actually receive the 50% discount when you purchase you'll need to follow this link here:

http://tinyurl.com/7cya7 (it takes you to the same page as the previous link, it just automatically applies the special discount at checkout)

If you have any questions after looking over the offer, please don't hesitate to send me an email or PM.

Also, if you already have a website but want to make it a more effective piece of your marketing plan, I'll offer the same discount to redo your current site. The prices for doing this will depend on the work you want done. Again, send me an email or a PM and I'd be happy to provide an estimate.

ritchiem
12-03-2005, 06:26 PM
you have some wacky claims there on your site...how can you say "Guarantees to Grow Your Lawn Care Business by 100-500%"? That is a pretty bold statement. I understand that you are trying to run a business yourself, however you cannot sell people false hope.

LawncareMarketingMagic
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Ritchiem,

While it may appear to be a 'wacky claim', I am completely confident in the power of proven marketing principles, online and offline, to grow a business by such a large percentage. Obviously, every business will reach a point where growth is difficult, but the vast majority of lawn care businesses aren't anywhere near that point.

Also, it doesn't say it will grow your lawn care business by that much in a week, a month, or even a year. Could it happen? Absolutely. Is it likely? In a week or a month. Probably not. In a year? Depending on the size of the business, most definitely.

Now, if you read the entire sales message, in addition to these 'wacky claims' you'll also see that I offer a 365 day money back guarantee. If someone doesn't feel as though their website has done everything I've said it can do, then I'll gladly refund the setup fees. If my service doesn't produce results, I don't want and certainly don't deserve to be paid.

If I didn't think it was possible to grow a business by that much using powerful, proven marketing techniques I wouldn't make the claims. I'm sure there will be many people that will read it and think it's pure puffery, but again, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is if it doesn't produce.

Steve
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi Chestin,

I just checked out your sample page (http://www.lawncarewebdesignmagic.com/PlatinumPackage/index.html). What I find interesting with what you offer versus the templates we have here is that you have a lot more wording in your website.

The first line is Who Else Wants to Have the Greenest, Cleanest, and the Most 'Envy of the Neighbordhood' Lawn? It's a very good initial hit.
You must have spent quite a bit of time writing ad copy in your career
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

LawncareMarketingMagic
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
The thing about marketing, both online and offline, is that you have 1-3 seconds to capture your prospects attention. If they don't see something intially that entices them to continue reading, or in this case browsing your site, they'll be gone, possibly never to return. That's why it's critical to have something that immediately grabs your visitors attention and tells them why they should continue reading or exploring your site.

While you could certainly have success with a website that has lots of visually appealing pictures, to make a website a customer catching magnet, you need to include powerful text that conveys benefits and connects with your visitors on an emotional level. People buy based on emotion and then justify the emtion with reason. The words you use play a very important role in creating the needed emtions.

If someone's online looking for a lawn care company, they might come across 4 or 5 sites. If all the sites have the same layout, some nice images, and the company's offer the same basic services, how are they going to decide which one to contact? It's going to be the one that connects with them emotionally.

ritchiem
12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Quote[/b] ]The thing about marketing, both online and offline, is that you have 1-3 seconds to capture your prospects attention. If they don't see something intially that entices them to continue reading, or in this case browsing your site, they'll be gone, possibly never to return. That's why it's critical to have something that immediately grabs your visitors attention and tells them why they should continue reading or exploring your site.

I agree with that 100%

tlclismore
12-06-2005, 05:36 AM
If my business doesn't grow 50 - 100% will you make up the difference?

Sorry but outrageous claims loose me right from the start.

LawncareMarketingMagic
12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Ross,

You're certainly entitled to your skepticism. Again, the opening statement is meant to capture the reader's attention, get them to ask 'Is it really possible?' or 'How can it do that?', and then get them to continue reading.

Of course I have to stand by what I say as well. As I responded earlier, I have no doubt that by using proving marketing principles, both online and offline, most business could grow by incredible percentages.

If your business doesn't grow by 100% would I make up the difference? No, that's not the guarantee. I'm in the business of establishing relationships and so I'm going to do everything in my power to uphold my end of the agreement, but if my client doesn't feel as if I've done so, I'll gladly return their money. How many times has the yellow pages rep said, "If you don't get any new clients from your ad, I'll gladly send you a check for the cost of your ad"? I'd like to think that makes me unique in my industry.