PDA

View Full Version : Getting New Customers

mowboy
11-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Today's question comes from Ben of Advantage Lawns.

Hi Ben,

Your question was how to get more customers quickly for lawn, tree and shrub care. Well... it's a tall order but hopefully we can steer you in the right direction.

There are a number of different marketing techniques that you could use to build your business - to get new customers and make sure your existing ones stay around. It is really too exhautive of a list to go through them all here in a forum post.

We can start by telling me what marketing have you tried so far. Flyers? Doorhangers? Direct mail? Please post back and let us know and I can advise you further.

Can you sell your existing customers additional services? Perhaps they are in need of a new lawn or need some fresh mulch or soil in their beds... stuff like that?

Finally, what have you read about marketing. Check out Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson... it's a great book to help you think about advertising that doesn't have to cost you much. My book - Start & Run a Landscape Business - has a comprehensive chapter on how to market your lawn care company.

So Ben, please post back with a little more info and we'll see if we can get you going.

Thanks for your question.