PDA

View Full Version : Forum Complete

All Aspects Landscaping
06-01-2008, 01:30 AM
As many of you know, my wife and I started a clothing company a while ago. The website is almost complete, but the forum is up 100%... Id love if you guys would take a look...

The Friction Forum... click this link!!! (http://thefriction.com/forum/)

Thanks

All Aspects Landscaping
06-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey Steve-
just wondering if you do all the maintenance on your forum??

Little's
06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey James, I tried registering but it kept telling me the confirmation code was incorrect, but I couldn't see a con. code. Any ideas?

All Aspects Landscaping
06-01-2008, 11:41 PM
problem is fixed.... was a small hiccup with the captcha... Im reaching out to my brothers on the Gopher forum to help me out with registrations and posts to add some appeal to our forum!!! Thanks in advance

Steve
06-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi James,

Nice work. When you were asking about forum maintenance, what did you mean? Like removing the spam and moderating or updating software? Most of the time is spent keeping the spam off it.

I like your forum.

What is your view of why you decided to set up a forum and what do you feel is your goal of it?

Little's
06-02-2008, 01:46 AM
James,
I like the forum. I cant wait untill there is enough people to keep it active. I like how you set it up with many different sections, always something to look at, read, or post about. I will keep coming back.
Between Gopher and thefriction.com, I will have to take time off from work to see it all!

All Aspects Landscaping
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
well steve,
I feel that in addition to selling our clothing line, we can let anyone who hasnt heard of us, know what we are all about... plus everyone loves a forum!!! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Our forum will be a little more... how do you say... unrestricted... but It should be all good.

My question was in the midst of a meltdown with the captcha screen... all good now. Im waiting to see your posts steve...lol

BOB-
I actually got some of the people that we sponsor to register, so the members can talk to them directly... pretty cool... we are getting alot of hits, so I think we should be ok with the post and stuff... thanks for helping out.

Steve
06-02-2008, 12:56 PM
The reason I was asking was that it is very time consuming to keep a forum going. It's also tough to get it started.

If you find that you are not getting the volume of communication you are looking for, you can go the route of having a blog and then making posts about the latest in the company or news about the fighters.

But ultimately, experiment with it and see what you find you like or don't like.

Keep us posted to what you find with all of this.

Are you working on any new happenings with the clothing company? Any new marketing ideas or fights planned or anything like that?

All Aspects Landscaping
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
whoo hoo.. hit 10 registered users already...lol

All Aspects Landscaping
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
man o man...73 views and only 1 person registered with me... I guess our brotherhood isnt that strong!!

quickcleanlawn
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
don't worry it will grow.
I'' add it on myspace too.

All Aspects Landscaping
06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
up to 28 users on the forum...not bad for 48 hours!!

musician/lawnman
06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Get back to work slack ###!
Jeez..... noon on a thursday and he's got nothin' better to do.. Must be nice.

I'm jelous.

All Aspects Landscaping
06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
bum finger, ***kface.... sorry I dont have time to call other contractors all day long while my guys start string trimming.... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you chick... uhhhh... i mean chuck...

All Aspects Landscaping
06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
see ...he doesnt even have the courtesy to respond

musician/lawnman
06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh, I'm sorry there. We're you sittg around waiting on my response? I was out WORKIN' MAN!
lol

Actually, today was more an admin day.
Paperwork, then I had to go to the landfill & dump a truck load of brush, Fix a problem with the tarp roller (the brush cover I built on the back of my truck to hold debris down) Then I had to buy 2 new tires/rims for the front of my mower. I sprung for the solid rubber ones this time, Tired of plugging tires. Then I had to pack the new bearings, install the seals & put em on the mower.... yada yada yada. $100 ea, + seals & bearings. Ouch. plus $45 for a battery earlier this week, & a $90 belt last week. YAY!

All Aspects Landscaping
06-07-2008, 05:47 AM
"admin" day for chuck means it was too hot for him and he needed a day off.... poor thing... little chucky needs a break... and dont bust my balls about posting at noon... you posted at 2:30!!! ha!!!

give me a call.

All Aspects Landscaping
06-07-2008, 06:14 PM
sorry chuck pool party this whole weekend!!! Hit me up on my forum

All Aspects Landscaping
06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
i just want to take a minute and thank you guys who have registered and got involved in my forum... were up to 55 registered users in only a week!!! were still waiting for some of you other guys to show me some love...

All Aspects Landscaping
06-16-2008, 12:47 AM
65 members in just over 10 days...