PDA

View Full Version : Bag the clippings or not?

connor
05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey just curious how many people bag their clippings.

Thanks, Connor.

EatingEmoKids
05-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I do on my job but thats only because they have me use their mower and have a bagger with it that they asked me to use.

It's some times a hassle tho having to stop while mowing atleast twice to empty the bag.. usually it's more then twice.

UniversityLandscapers
05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't actually charge extra, but I don't bag unless I need to. If your mower can mulch, then thatch isn't and issue, and leaving the clippings on the grass returns the nutrients back to the soil.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-30-2008, 12:35 AM
..we wouldn't bag, but if clumps of grass were obvious we'd just run over them one more time or use the blower. Always used mulcher blades and decks.

Little's
05-30-2008, 12:46 AM
I always bag my clippings. Nothing looks worse on a nice lawn than clumps of grass and brown patches from the previous weeks left overs.
Just my opinion, but it looks much better when the clippings are collected. Also , in the summer the heat combined with the heat from the decomposing grass can cause burn on the lawn.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-30-2008, 12:56 AM
....where do you dispose the clippings?

comanche
05-30-2008, 01:42 AM
hey guys,

I always bag all my customers grass. The weeds are very agressive up here and bagging somewhat helps control the spread of weeds. Also from previous experience mulching can be a pain if the grass in long. Leaves clumps. When you are going over an area that has leaves mulching makes a mess. The lawn need to be looking good. You leave the stripes. I have gotten more customers from my lawns looking good then any other reason.

Little's
05-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote[/b] (StealthDumpTrucks @ May 30 2008,8:56)]....where do you dispose the clippings?
All my customers have Green Waste cans that get picked up weekly by the garbage company.

UniversityLandscapers
06-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Quote[/b] (StealthDumpTrucks @ May 30 2008,1:56)]....where do you dispose the clippings?
Every municipality in Metro Vancouver has a green waste disposal facility...most charge $, but way cheaper than the regular rates for garbage...usually around $40/metric ton i think?