PDA

View Full Version : Got this Email from a customer

GeeGood
05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Our first visit this year we moved this customers kids toys so that we could mow in the back yard. This is the only time we have done this for her. Now I get the email below. How would you respond to this?

Hi Greg:

I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend:)

We have been loving the lawn service, but this past week there was a little issue. The guys who mowed did not move the kids play things around in the back yard and mow in those spots. There are a few things...a picnic table, playhouse, and two plastic slides. None of it weighs more than about 10 pounds to move. I'm sure they just didn't know b/c it has been done the other times, I just wanted to let you know

UniversityLandscapers
05-27-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd just say sorry, we'll move the toys next time. I move people's stuff all the time, which isn't a hassle for me. I guess if you have to get off your riding mower it sucks. I usually mow an area first, then move all the junk over to the area I've mowed. That way you only have to do it once.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-27-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree 100% with Dave... in the grand scheme it only takes a minute

Steve
05-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi Greg,

I think I am confused.

Quote[/b] ]Our first visit this year we moved this customers kids toys so that we could mow in the back yard.

You moved the toys and then the customer said you didn't move the toys?

GeeGood
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Steve,

We moved the toys out of the way on our first visit. Since then we have not moved them when mowing. Now she emailed saying that we didnt move the toys on our last visit and there is high grass underneath the toys. She would like us to move the toys so that we can mow where the toys have been and there is tall grass growing underneath. Thanks Dave and Jamie. I agree with you. It is a small yard and she is a nice customer. I will just move them from here on out. So I guess my next question is where do you stop moving, picking up things etc... Do you do it for every customer? What if it is excessive everytime you go to a yard

comanche
05-28-2008, 12:50 AM
hi greg,

I always start by getting the customer and myself to go over the policies and rules togeather. Then after they read and sign they usually understand that keeping things off the lawn on the day both parties agreed upon is a safety concern for every one involved. If anything gets hit it turns into a weapon and can hurt people or animals. Safety for the employees and the customer.

Andrew's Lawn Care
06-02-2008, 08:36 PM
First off I hate it when the customer hears you mowing outside know that you are trying to hurry and get done and the don't bother to take there 1 MINUTE to see if they need to move some things around in the yard for you, just like it takes the 1 MINUTE to get off the mower to move a few things.

I can acctually (depending on the toy/object) move it with my mower either with the caster wheels or the deck if I know there is know way for it to get sucked under it.