PDA

View Full Version : Trailer

tomcat172002
05-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi,

I have a question regarding buying a trailer. *I just started grass cutting I have 13 customers. *I bought a 5 X 8 foot trailer and it was way too small. *I could barely fit my stuff on it consequently the mower floor fell throught the bottom. *So the place I bought it from said they would let me trade it in. * I bought a 7 x 12 foot trailer. *Damm its big maybe too big it barely fits into my garage. *I could fit another machine oni it if I need to in a few years but I am not sure if I should get something smaller? *I didn't have it titled so I have a couple of days. * Any one have any thoughts?

clarklandscaping
05-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Unless your hauling around a tractor on that trailer then you should be able to fit several machines on there. i think you made a good decision getting the 12", it gives you room to grow. Not to mention if you need to haul debris away from a jobsite while still having your equipment on the trailer.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
bigger is better!!... we run an 8x20 enclosed and a 7.5x 16 open... always get dual axles also

Little's
05-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I have a 6x12 that I built from a camp trailer frame. It at times can seem just a bit too small, but works great for my yard care, and also for hauling tree debris. I am not so sure you really need a double axle, if your single axle is built well, you probably will be fine. I reinforced mine and have a heavy axle. I hauled 4500 lbs of gravel the other day with no trouble.
If I end up getting a second trailer it will be a dumper with dual axles, then I would really be set! The only problem then would be where to park it.

comanche
05-28-2008, 01:57 AM
The trailer needs a good tow vehicle#1. The you can decide if you can go bigger. A dump trailer is a great idea. I have looked into buying one myself but i cant yet because of my truck. It dose not have the oomf to control a big load so new truck is next for me.

Andrew's Lawn Care
05-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Just a thought, with the axles i would make sure that you know the weight that they will withstand. Like mine I have 6.5x16 dual axles both axles are 3500lbs that they will hold.

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Quote[/b] ] I am not so sure you really need a double axle, if your single axle is built well, you probably will be fine.

I like dual axles on a lawn equipment trailer as there is less a worry of overweighting or reverseweighting your towing vehicle.

Depending on the weight you are hauling, you may need to install electric brakes for legal compliance and added safety.

Keith