PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if i handled this situation correctly

gmoney55
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok i have a customer that always complains about everything. It does not matter what it is he has to complain about something. He has an average size yard that in my area goes for about 35 bucks per cut. takes about 45 minutes to do by myself. Well everytime i go there he is complaining about the price, or weeds growing in the grass(yet he refuses to let me put weed killer down), and just anything he can nitpick about. He does this with everyone. I have seen like the ac man there and he is bitching to him aboiut price or whatever. Well i go there today and while i am cutting the grass 2 different lco's show up. Well i iknow one of them and he tells me he is there to give an estimate for the lawncare. He meets with this idiot and comes and tells me goodbye. Then another one comes up and meets with the owner and leaves also. After i finished cutting the owner comes over and tells me that he did not like the way i parked my truck in the street. I blow it off and load up my trailer. Then he proceeds to tell me that he had those 2 lawn companies come over to get prices beause he said i am screwing him over and he is tired of it. I mhave been cutting this assclowns yard for almost 2 years. SO i ask him how much were the other 2 estimates he got. He says one was for 50.00 and the other was for 55.00. He then said he would keep trying and would get a price cheaper than mine and he would have the last laugh because he could then fire my ###. I told him i hope you like one of those estimates you got today because i will not be cutting your lawn anymore because i am tired of you crying about everything all the time and you insult my intelligence. He said youn can't quit doing my lawn because i pay you and i will decide when you will no longer cut my lawn. I told him i will send you your last invoice for todays services but you really need to get another company because i will not be back. I have been patient with this guy for almost 2 years but i just had enough. Do any of you have similar situations that ya'll were in. Did i handle it right. It is just frustrating you bust your hump and have to deal with idiots like this.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
deal with it all the time... the only mistake you made was keeping him for 2 years. good luck man... it gets easier.

UniversityLandscapers
05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Good on ya...dump his ###. I love how he tried to tell you that you had to keep cutting it. My personal feeling is that if the customer is that rude to you, then go right back at him. If he hates you that much, then he's not going to be referring you to anyone anyways.

musician/lawnman
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN RIGHT! You did fine. Nicer than I would have been... but ya did the right thing.

If I had a customer be that rude & tell me "he can't wait to find somebody cheaper to fire my ###" right after telling me e other 2 bids were $15 & $20 dollars higher....

I'd have lost it. (or tried really hard not to)

"see ya grouchy ole **** I'm giving you a good deal!! You want me back? It'll be at $50 bucks a cut paid in advance, (ya know,since that was the best price you could find other wise). I didn't realize I was so far below the going rate, but thak you for straightening me out! I appreciate the heads up."

Who knew the whinner would be so helpful to ya.

musician/lawnman
05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry to come back to this but I just can't believe the unmittigated balls of this guy. *I'm aggrivated just trying to sit back & think of what would have been the best way to handle him? *
*I was trying to just finish my ciggarette here & go to bed... *but just tell the guy the last service is on you, since he obviously needs the couple bucks more than you do. *It'll leave you as the professional having done nothing wrong & probably burn his ### something fiece. *He'll be screaming no I'm payin' you!! *& begging you to take it. You might even tell him to take the 35 bucks for that last service & bury it in the back yard & see if his new landscaper (if he can find one) can get it to grow.

or let's get more graphic......

Tell him to shove it in his can & let the new guy get it out cause your tired of trying to squeeze an honest living out of tight ##### like him.

(Here's where all the forum members get to see my italian temper....Sorry) *It just pisses me off when people do crap like that to a guy who's just trying to survive.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd send him a bill for $49.99 to lowball the other guys.

Steve
05-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Gerald,

I am guessing you started this business because you wanted to get more enjoyment out of your life. This doesn't sound like it is helping achieve that goal.

I wouldn't want to do anymore business with this person either.

I do have a question on this. Can you explain to us why you kept him around for two years? Maybe there was something that we just don't see?

If another lawn care business owner was in the same boat, what would you tell him to do?