PDA

View Full Version : I just had a bad day

justin_time
05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Well my day today wasn't so good.

The bolts that hold the rod that holds my cab up fell off and the rod too and the cab of the tractor went flying on the road. Now I realised I need a new cab..

Also tonight.. i went to finish off the lawn at the local lumber yard and I was running the trimmer and for some reason I made sure I was facing away the window and i turn around.. next thing you know the #### thing was shattered http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Good thing I am now insured

All Aspects Landscaping
05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
cheer up man... we've all had them

Steve
05-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Justin,

I am very sorry about that Justin.

How did you handle the the situation with the window? I bet a lot of people find themselves dealing with this too.

UniversityLandscapers
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM
That sucks, I had one of those yesterday. It was pouring rain and I spent two hours dealing with a ****ty 6" long lawn. Then while I was on my next one, I hit something that took the whole blade assembly off of my mower. It's my backup mower too, I'm already waiting for parts to the other one. So I had to drive half an hour each way to and from the repair shop to get that dealt with. Then I had to buy a $86 tank of gas, since apparently my new Ford Ranger is way more of a gas hound than my crappy little Mazda (which bit the dust a couple weeks ago). Good thing is, I'm getting a new mower in the near future, and I'm getting a real commercial grade one since I'm tired of dealing with this low end Home Depot junk. Gonna go Honda or Toro, just gotta compare prices.

musician/lawnman
05-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ May 16 2008,12:08)]I'm getting a new mower in the near future, and I'm getting a real commercial grade one since I'm tired of dealing with this low end Home Depot junk. Gonna go Honda or Toro, just gotta compare prices.
Carefull man, I haven't seen any commercial grade honda mowers & very few toros, Mostly homeowner z's. A good rule of thumb seems to be if the deck is thick steel & welded together It's a heavier grade machine.... If its stamped out of one piece of sheet metal it's that same home depot grade crappola. (just a way to tell at first glance)

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Hey chuck... if I looked like you, Id think every day was a bad day...

lol

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Ahhhhh kiss my butt. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 11:12 PM
made u smile?

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah, I was laughin' My wife was like "What's goin' on?"

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 11:20 PM
glad to hear it.... some days they re few and far between

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm tired It's been a long week.
Have a helper 3 days a week I though would lightn the work load (& it kinda does) but we're just getting more done now. (That's a good thing) So I had help mon-wed, had a 6 hr course & test on Fertilization on thurs then did admin office work thurs afternoon... & wen't out alone today from about 8 am til 7 pm.
Then washed the truck & trailer (muddy from going to the landfill 4 times this week)
It's been a long week man.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 11:29 PM
welcome to our world right?

musician/lawnman
05-16-2008, 11:36 PM
yeah, It's good though. I've more than doubled my average daily gross (with a helper) & left me more time to get to new estimates/customers right away (picked up 5 this week/3 today).

The lag does stink though.... We did alot of work this week & invoiced a good amount. But now I have to cut that payroll check prior to the money rollin' in for it.... I think your paperless system maybe just around the corner for me dude.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 11:39 PM
If this is any incentive, every sunday we charge our weekly accounts for their services for the week...

by tuesday, a deposit of about $2900.00 goes in the account... dont have to worry bout payroll!!!

UniversityLandscapers
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ May 16 2008,1:37)]Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ May 16 2008,12:08)]I'm getting a new mower in the near future, and I'm getting a real commercial grade one since I'm tired of dealing with this low end Home Depot junk. Gonna go Honda or Toro, just gotta compare prices.
Carefull man, I haven't seen any commercial grade honda mowers & very few toros, Mostly homeowner z's. A good rule of thumb seems to be if the deck is thick steel & welded together It's a heavier grade machine.... If its stamped out of one piece of sheet metal it's that same home depot grade crappola. (just a way to tell at first glance)
I'm going for 21" walk behinds, since nothing around here is big enough to need anything else. I went into my local shop to look at Toros and Snappers, and the Toro was $1,500 (the highest model with the blade brake clutch) and the Snapper was $1,000. I haven't done any reading into Snapper and still have to stop by the Honda dealer to check them out.

musician/lawnman
05-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh.... Ok, Sorry about that I thought you we're talking about a bigger machine. Well, I'm glad the properties around here are bigger, I really wouldn't like walking all my accounts in this heat.

I currently don't accept accounts with gates unless I can get my 52" zt through. I hate doing them with a push mower. Not just the heat, but when walking the lawns all day you are bound to get into fire ants or snakes down here.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-19-2008, 10:25 PM
...prima donna

UniversityLandscapers
05-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ May 19 2008,9:50)]Oh.... Ok, Sorry about that I thought you we're talking about a bigger machine. Well, I'm glad the properties around here are bigger, I really wouldn't like walking all my accounts in this heat.

I currently don't accept accounts with gates unless I can get my 52" zt through. I hate doing them with a push mower. Not just the heat, but when walking the lawns all day you are bound to get into fire ants or snakes down here.
Haha...that sucks. I would not want to run into snakes on the job. We had a bear somehow wander into the city the other day, I don't know how it got here, since the mountains are across an inlet from us. Worst we've got are some crazy squirrels and coyotes.

justin_time
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Finally got all my parts for the cab that broke long time ago since I started this thread.

I have been running my machine without a cab until now

Looks like new :D

Steve
07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Great!

Any pictures?

justin_time
07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Great!

Any pictures?

I can sure get some