PDA

View Full Version : Braggin' Rights!

musician/lawnman
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
I was thinkin it might be cool to kinda show off when you
(or your company) go out & have a good day at work.
The best day I've had (working by myself) was 15 lawns & just over $600 gross that was last summer. While I didn't top that today I feel I had a good day.

1 truck, 1 trailer, 1 guy (Me)
13 stops:
12 lawns
Trimmed 2 palms at the 13th stop.
Grossed about $360

Not a horrible day in my book.

So the next time you go out & figure wow we had a good day today... Look this post up & add your stats! I know some companies will be bigger & this might not be a huge day for them but it's good for me!

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Good Job man... I hope you can do that every day!!! Thats awesome!

musician/lawnman
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ April 28 2008,8:56)]Good Job man... I hope you can do that every day!!! *Thats awesome!
Somehow I knew I could count on you to be one of the 1st few replys for this... Thanks Jamie.

GeeGood
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Chuck, Twelve stops all by your lonesome, that is pretty impressive. I know last weeek we (me and two others) did 21 yards. It was a pretty good profit day even with two others. I was keeping track of how much time we spent on each yard throughout the day. Even with drive time in between we averaged 2.25 yards per hour!

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 10:30 PM
and u know im not gonna post my stats on here! lol... Im proud od you man... Guess all that fun with mickey got ya motivated huh... some guys get off on mice...some on grass.

GeeGood
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
James, are your stats just ridiculous? What is a typical day for you or how many in a normal day?

musician/lawnman
04-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Thank you, 21 is pretty cranking too. It was a good day. I'm tired I'll tell ya that! haha
I do the same, I track everything. Like today I know I had 9.5 hours & 47.7 miles from my driveway back to my driveway again. So that's 1.37 hours and 3.67 miles per stop. Now the stops weren't really that far apart (the area they were all in is about 10 miles from me. So 20 of that was simply to & from.

musician/lawnman
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ April 28 2008,10:30)]and u know im not gonna post my stats on here! lol
Yeah dude, * Why not? *I figured you'd be happy to boast about how you & your twelve man army did 14 gazillion & were off the clock sittin by the pool by 2pm! * http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

pssst..... If uncle sam doesn't know about somethin...... just leave those figures out of your post dude! * lol

Do you think it's a bad idea to post stats like that Jamie?
I'm not intimidated by any of my competition. I do the best work I can for my clients I don't think I'd lose many (if any) even if my competitors had my entire client list & price sheets... So I'm not worried about anything like that.

Andrew's Lawn Care
04-29-2008, 12:17 AM
well just so you can compare your stats to mine last saturday I (only) mowed and trimmed/edged and blew off drive way 17 different yards that are a little ways away from each other. I don't really feel right saying the amount made but it was significantly higher than the amount given earlier by someone

I found that the part of being able to do this is don't bust it all day to get from place to place just work at a steady pace while at a yard and use the driving as a break. It took me basically all day to get this done (about 10hrs), but on the good side I wasn't tired more than normal after that day.

So good luck to everyone else.

Little's
04-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Ok so this may be a little off the path of you guys, but I fell and cut up a large Cottonwood tree today (5 hours total) for a lady that owns a new furniture store.
My pay? A beautiful set of leather couches (plus a few wall decorations, pictures, etc.) My wife did all the picking out, so I'm not sure what all she ended up with. Value ($1235.00)
It was a good day here. And when she's happy, were all happy, right!

GeeGood
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
A Happy Wife Is A Happy Life!

All Aspects Landscaping
04-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Chuck and Gee-
Nothing bad about what I would post man... its all good... you guys are doing really well... nuff said... we do a different amount of work... like chuck said... we have nine full timers on staff and three trucks running... both are very very efficient. Just a little taste... I have a three man lawn crew that gets forty hours... they cut close to $9000.00 a week with only 3 commercial properties... Im not a braggard... just really excited for you guys... those are awesome numbers chuck!! All you guys should be proud of yourselves...

GeeGood
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for givin us a little bit of what a day looks like for you. When your LCO was Chuck and my size, what got you over the top to become what yours is now. Was there a point when you realized that this is big/serious now?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
ah man... im hard on myself... I still think its small potatoes... but I think thats kinda just my personality... If I could give you any advise... make sure the employees you hire are efficient. and your routes... we beat people into submission on our routes... the neighbors of our customers are so sick of seeing ads from us and yard signs, they either request to stop sending mailers, or they just submit and sign up... this makes our routes really tight. I have a 2000 Isuzu that I use every day. It was my primary work truck for four years. We cut, mulched, nursery trips.. the whole nine... 8 years later, we have 79,000 miles on it. Not bad... under 10000 miles a year, including snow removal. I do feel that I have alot to offer, and as Chuck knows, when I have time, I would sit down and talk to anyone who will listen...lol.... Email me at allaspects@mac.com sometime and we'll exchange numbers...

GeeGood
04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks James. I really appreciate that. I just sent you an email with my number. Look forward to listening and speaking with you.

musician/lawnman
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Well I've been goin' over some numbers & I figured out that by the end of the day tomorrow, this month I will have topped my sales figures from last august making this the best month I've had to date. & it's only april... This season looks promising. So I may not have my entire business running as my ideal model of efficiency yet but I must be doing something right!