PDA

View Full Version : GAS

Andrew's Lawn Care
03-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Just wondering what some people were doing about the high gas prices going up. Any ideas about how to save gas, how not to loss money in your gas exspences, etc.... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

UniversityLandscapers
03-31-2008, 02:39 PM
If you can afford to, drop customers that are further off your routes, or try and market along holes in your existing routes to pick up customers in between stops.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Quote[/b] (UniversityLandscapers @ Mar. 31 2008,1:39)]If you can afford to, drop customers that are further off your routes, or try and market along holes in your existing routes to pick up customers in between stops.
That is some of the ways. I tell my clients to raise the prices for there gapped customers and also put a fuel surcharge in there contract and explain to customers why.

Steve
03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Al,

How do you go about instituting a fuel surcharge? At one point does it kick in and does it go up or down based on the current fuel prices?

Andrew's Lawn Care
03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 31 2008,2:58)]Al,

How do you go about instituting a fuel surcharge? At one point does it kick in and does it go up or down based on the current fuel prices?
I would also like add to what Steve said. How do you know how much of a surcharge to add and is it a percentage?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 06:41 AM
One of my buddies add fuel surcharge to his invoices weekly... apparently there is a website that will give you the percentages for our industry... Ill see what I can do about posting that site.