PDA

View Full Version : hours

All Aspects Landscaping
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Just wondering who else is putting in 17 hour days?

UniversityLandscapers
04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Maybe time to hire some more staff? I've never worked more than about 12 hours, don't usually work on weekends either.

All Aspects Landscaping
04-11-2008, 07:56 PM
ahhh... I hear what you are saying, we have 8 full timers, and Im running all day setting the guys up, then running estimates all day, then I have to get the estimates together at night... it sucks... but business in good!!! We get about 6 solid estimates a day, and our policy is not to let anything go more than 24 hours... so this is my life for the next 12 weeks!!! lol... not complaining... just was curious to see how everyone else is fairing the storm... oh by the way... no physical work on the weekends... and minimal estimates.

musician/lawnman
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm busy Jamie but I am not that darn busy..... wow dude.
Glad to here business is that good.

UniversityLandscapers
04-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Aaaah...I see. If you include administrative stuff, then ya, days are definitely longer. But I don't really count that as "work"

Steve
04-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Are you finding that you have to spend a lot of time with your clothing company now too?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Funny thing steve... somehow Ive been finding an hour here and there throughout the day to keep things going with Friction. Its hard. I think the big problem is the late spring were having in NJ. Just in the past week we had frost and 70's... go figure. I never felt that "estimates" or "running to the Depot" was considered working, but now I do. In fact, all those hours go towards our hourly rate billing. Why shouldnt I be paid for running estimates and/or to the depot? Anyways, I'm an extremely happy guy. I love my life. Wouldnt want it any different!!

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 05:21 AM
...still running like an idiot... april 28th...