PDA

View Full Version : Consumer labels

musician/lawnman
04-04-2008, 06:45 AM
I got this email about the labels on certain consumer goods, I do think it's funny how companies have to practice CYA on everything these days to avoid stupid lawsuits. Actually I think it's more tragic than funny.

Just For Fun

Here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping.
(but that's the only time I have to do my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.

(the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap: 'Directions: Use like regular soap.'

On some Swanson frozen dinners: 'Serving suggestion: Defrost.'

(but, it's just a suggestion.)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): 'Do not turn upside down.'

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: 'Product will be hot after heating.'

(really)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: 'Do not iron clothes on body.'

(but, wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine: 'Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication.'

(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: 'Warning: May cause drowsiness.'

(and... I'm taking this because?)

On most brands of Christmas lights: 'For indoor or outdoor use only.'

(as opposed to...what?)

On Sunsbury's peanuts: 'Warning: contains nuts.'

(talk about a news flash)

On a baby stroller: 'Remove child before folding'

On a child’s scooter: 'This product moves when used'

(I never knew....)

On a sun shield for your car's front window or windshield: 'Warning: Remove before driving.'

On a child's superman costume: 'Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.'

All Aspects Landscaping
04-04-2008, 08:22 AM
thats great... unfortunately people are stupid and Im sure someone thought that buying a superman costume will cause them to fly... I remember I did that once...

Steve
04-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Do you ever wonder too if the people writing those warnings dumb them up to the point of being funny as well LOL

UniversityLandscapers
04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ April 04 2008,11:28)]Do you ever wonder too if the people writing those warnings dumb them up to the point of being funny as well LOL
I'm sure the guy who has to put this on the packaging gets a bit of a kick out of it...haha

musician/lawnman
04-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Most of them result from a lawsuit or claim, That's the sad part. Someone actually did most of these either out of stupidity or trying to get rich quick.