PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans

Steve
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh WOW. Did you see how much the average student loan debt is now? $21,000!!! What a racket the higher education business has become. Even the state schools have ratcheted up the costs to go to college. The more loan money available, the higher the tuition goes.

What's your take on this and how is it going to effect our society?

Student loan debt (http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/03/05/student.loans/index.html) - We can all count on the certainty of death and taxes. But many of us can add student loan debt to that list. The average student graduates with about $21,000 in debt these days.

UniversityLandscapers
03-14-2008, 11:14 PM
My advice to Americans looking for a good education at a good price is COME TO CANADA!

I attend the University of Western Ontario, which runs at around CDN$5,000 per year for Canadian students for standard arts/science programs, and I believe around CDN$12,000 per year for international students.

Next year I start a business program here at the Richard Ivey School of Business, which at CDN$20,000 per year is the most expensive undergraduate program in Canada. Even at that price, with college savings, I'll be graduating debt free.

So even if you're coming from down south, it's still possible to find a reasonably priced education. I feel for anyone at school down there; I was talking to some of my fraternity brothers at the University of Rochester who said they were paying $40,000 per year for a undergrad degree and graduating with $60,000 in student debt!

justin_time
03-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 06 2008,11:15)]Oh WOW. Did you see how much the average student loan debt is now? $21,000!!! What a racket the higher education business has become. Even the state schools have ratcheted up the costs to go to college. The more loan money available, the higher the tuition goes.

What's your take on this and how is it going to effect our society?

Student loan debt (http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/03/05/student.loans/index.html) - We can all count on the certainty of death and taxes. But many of us can add student loan debt to that list. The average student graduates with about $21,000 in debt these days.
Yeah that's about right..

I just checked my debt that I owe for school and I owe about 16,000.00$

So yeah that's only 2 yrs of school loans.

PremierLand
03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
I am surprised it is only $21,000. Where I went, one semester cost me $10,000 FOR ONE SEMESTER!

Nonetheless, I only attended one semester and switched schools. lol