PDA

View Full Version : buying mulch

bigpete
03-28-2008, 12:28 PM
I have been in the lawn care business for a wile. I have mainly been mowing. This year I am going to be offering mulch insulation. Where do you usually get your mulch form? Do you go to gibber Lawn care provider, gas stations, big stores (home depot, Lowes, Ace,...etc. I am wondering where I can get good quality for a good price. now I know things are different form state to state but I just want a general idea.

thanks

Sincerely
bigpete

Little's
03-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Landscape supply companies offer a yard of good mulch for between $22 and $30. If you have a rockery in your area, they usually carry mulch too.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Pete,

Our clients here in michigan have a ton of suuply yards what have alot of landscape supply. Our clients use these companies on a regular. I can tell you from my experience i would never use the box stores or the gas stations. Why because they are very high priced compared to the supply yard. Look in a phone book for your area and call them you can a contractor price.

bigpete
03-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the input. there is a larger landscaper in town that sell mulch. I think that they would be priced better then gas stations, box stores....etc.

UniversityLandscapers
03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Ya, for mulch jobs you want to be getting it by the yard, not in bags like they would have at Home Depot

makbootzy
03-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Good info I was gonna be doing mulch and was gonna get it by the bag at walmart.