PDA

View Full Version : Letter of inspiration and a thanks to all of you

Steve
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
I got this email sent to me and I wanted to pass it along to everyone on the forum.

I am so happy to see that we do in fact motivate each other and inspire each other.

I wanted to share it with all of you and say thank you too!

Quote[/b] ]I would like you to know that you guys/gals have a great inspiring web site. I've been in business a long time (since 1997 on my own). The problem with me is I think I should be more advanced by now. I see companies blowing by me while I'm stuck in the 80-135k area. I also, like alot of operators, lose my confidence and energy when I don't get paid. In other words, when I'm broke. Your website and words have kicked me in the ### a bit. Keep it up.

I am going to send an email to the person who wrote this to me and hope they can join in on the discussion.

Quote[/b] ]I see companies blowing by me

What types of signs are you looking at when you see these companies blowing by you? What makes you think they are?

Steve
03-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Dan wrote me back and said

Quote[/b] ]To answer your question- I see alot of companies, and friends, doing more advanced work than me. What I mean is installations (water features, hardscaping, large landscaping jobs). It seems they took bigger risks than me and ventured into more profitable work to support the lawn care end of it. It seems with me, my business just drains all my $$ and it's time to put a business plan and systems in place. That in itself prevents me from venturing confidently in other directions.

Does anyone have any advice for him on this?