PDA

View Full Version : new posts

All Aspects Landscaping
03-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey steve... why does it seem to be that the new posts tab gets cleared out really quickly... is there any way to let then new posts go a little longer so we dont have to search for them, and it help for me to track responses to certain threads... anyone else us this?

UniversityLandscapers
03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Ya...I find it only goes back a couple hours

Steve
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
I agree with you and that annoys me as well. I need to look into that.

From my experience, it seems if I click on the new posts and not get too all of them and then come back and click on new posts again it won't show me the previous ones. It's like it marks them as read or something.

Little's
03-06-2008, 04:01 PM
For me it works just fine. I think what it does is sets a cookie on your systems with the time, then when you come back later and click new posts again, it will only show you the threads that have been replied, or started, since the time set in the cookie. If you dont see a thread in the "new posts" results, then there has been no activity on it since your last request.
Does that make sence?
i like it, it saves me from having to read through threads that havent been used since the last time I read it.

Steve
03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
That makes sense, I should try an experiment and remove the cookie and see if it looks back farther.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-06-2008, 04:06 PM
sometimes its 24 36 hours before I get back on here... I know in reference to the clothing company, steve has replied and because it took a little time for me to reply, I had to go digging... Just a suggestion, would work awesome for me...