PDA

View Full Version : What do you give bids in?

FourSeasons
02-28-2008, 08:36 PM
What do you guys drive when you give bids. I am not a huge company so alot of the time I take my personal car.

Do you think that people want to see a nice company truck pull up? Gas prices are high and my cars get better mileage than my trucks.

How are you guys dressed when you go.
Work clothes?

justin_time
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Feb. 28 2008,9:36)]What do you guys drive when you give bids. I am not a huge company so alot of the time I take my personal car.

Do you think that people want to see a nice company truck pull up? Gas prices are high and my cars get better mileage than my trucks.

How are you guys dressed when you go.
Work clothes?
Most of the time i take the piece of crap car that I got and use that... better on gas... unless they want me to cut it then i take the truck and trailer..

For clothes.. i just wear my regular work clothes (work pants and a t-shirt)

ledfut
10-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I get jobs because they see my nice work truck. It doesnt have to be new, it just has to look like you use it for work.

Customers actually tell me, "some guy came here with a toyota camry..." to give me a bid.

They like the work trucks.

Steve
10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Do you have advice on how you should dress as well?

oxfordlawn
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I feel the same way. I go on bids with my work truck, I'll even go with the trailer and equipment attatched, but I keep it clean and nice. My truck is not new by any means, but its very nice and very clean, same goes for the equipment. As far as dress, I always keep a clean pull over golf type collared shirt in the truck to throw on when meeting a customer for whatever reason, appearance I feel is very important. Remember the customers first impression is always very important, you dont want to come off looking like a slob.

Tom OBrien
Oxfors Lawn

btevans01@yahoo.com
10-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I always take the truck and trailer. I think customers like to see that you have all the equipment, etc. As far as clothes go, I usually wear work clothes unless I am dirty from working.