PDA

View Full Version : Patented Accounts?

Fernando's CleanCut!
02-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi guys...
I was talking with a long time friend of mine that runs a small lawn care service in Louisiana. He told me that I have to make sure to tell the customers that I am the owner of this account, kinda "buying" the rights of this account, that If he is not happy with the Job, Only I can choose another LCO to work on this house. you know, protecting of the ones that comes in and tell them that they "charge HALF of your current lawn service provider".
Sorry if I got you all confused, really dont have the words to express myself on this one.

Do you think this can be done? or is it just nonsense to add this part to your contract? Are we protecting this bussines from low-ballers?

I am curious of what y'all think about this.

KimKriel
02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
I seriously think that if they see this on the contract it would make them run, because it would seem to me (If I was a future customer) like there has been a problem with your work. That is if I understand what your saying. If not please let me know.

Steve
02-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Fernando,

I am not sure if I got a clear picture of this. But if a lawn care owner told a homeowner, they owned this account and it had to be cleared with them before another lawn care operator took over, WOW I think this would be a big disaster!

I'd say this is a really bad idea. I wouldn't even approach anyone with that.

I hope I got it straight what you were saying.

Fernando's CleanCut!
02-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi Guys.
Its like saying to my customer: "You CANT cancel this contract UNLESS I get you another LCO to take over this account" http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif this sounds crazy!
Yes, I was very confused about this, thought this was a bad Idea too. I would not add this to my contracts, It was just a thing I was courious to hear what you guys have to say.

thank you!

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I might be missing something here and I am certainly not a lawyer. Doesn't a contract already imply the account is yours for the contracted period of time? I don't understand additional verbiage reiterating that fact.

Keith

musician/lawnman
02-24-2008, 01:30 AM
It's like if you leased a new car & they said ok, if you want out of this lease early we get to pick your next car....
...... here's your yugo sir! Seems like a silly ### concept & a good way to repel customers quickly.

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-24-2008, 02:05 AM
I just posted an article on the "Getting Started" board.

Click below:

A few thoughts on lawn care contracts. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=29;t=7365;st=0;&#entry35936)

Keith