PDA

View Full Version : Spring Advertising!

FourSeasons
02-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Here's my spring flyer for craigslist. I just made it up today-
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/rcalkins98271/springflyerpic.gif (http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/rcalkins98271/?action=view&current=springflyerpic.gif)

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Anyone else have something they put together for Spring advertising? Its just about a month away. Winter flew by for me.

Steve
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
I like what you created here. It is very visual. What suggestions do I have, well maybe have an inducement, an offer to get the customer's attention. Then maybe have them have to act by a certain date to get it. Maybe have the date area left blank so you can write it in with a marker?

It would be neat to see if you handed out half your flyers looking like the original way and half of them with the time sensitive inducement. Then we could see which worked better and then you could take that winning flyer and experiment with it yet again.

Another thing you could do is to make the inducement the header of the flyer and put your company logo way at the bottom. So for instance at the top you could say. GET 2 FREE MOWINGS*

*with signed annual contract. If you sign by x/xx/xx

Then after you test this flyer you could change the offer. See which offer works better. One free mowing or two free mowings? Come up with a specific offer code the customer must give you to get that deal. Distribute half your flyers with the one offer then distribute the other half with the other offer.

Keep changing the offer over time and test it. See which works better and you will constantly be improving your marketing.

What's your thoughts on that?

ritchiem
02-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Looking good Rob...I am working on mine right now...got to get these babies out.

FourSeasons
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey your right Steve. I forgot to ad something to get the customer to "act now".
I'll have to change some things around to get a coupon in there.

Thanks thats why I was asking!

Steve
02-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Rob,

I look forwards to seeing what you are going to add. Also what about a unique web address the flyer directs you too. Then you could track how many people went to the webpage to sign up?

I am going to be talking about your flyer on the podcast on Thursday. Chestin the marketing guru from lawncaremarketingmagic.com told me he will be on there so we can pick his brain on how to improve your flyer and I will pass that info onto you.

FourSeasons
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote[/b] ]Also what about a unique web address the flyer directs you too. Then you could track how many people went to the webpage to sign up?

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain a little more?

Steve
02-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Oh sorry about that. Ok say for instance you make some kind of offering on your flyer. Two free cuts visit this site to sign up.

Then you have a page set up that is unique to this flyer. Like Http://www.fourseasons.com/flyer1

On flyer1 page you have a submit form to take their information.

Then you will know with concrete numbers, how many people went to your website to fill out the form for this offer!

You could have multiple offers going on at once and you could see which offer works better for you.

What do you think of that?