PDA

View Full Version : Do you have satellite radio?

Steve
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Do you have satellite radio? If so, which one?

What is your favorite channel or show?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes, we have satellite radio in all of our company trucks. Sirius... and of course...Howard!!

Steve
02-05-2008, 08:11 PM
What I am thinking would be something really fun to do is to get a podcast started on here that includes discussions from a bunch of us here on the forum and then use skype to record it and then put it online.

Maybe if we can get something like this pulled together, one day we could get such a show on satellite radio.

Any thoughts on this?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
as long as you are the ringleader steve...

justin_time
02-05-2008, 09:37 PM
No

I got these alternate radio ear muphs as radio

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/justinpitre/earmuphs.jpg

All Aspects Landscaping
02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
only one problem justin... you shouldnt drive a truck with them on...

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Steve:

That's a great idea.

How long does the show need to be? Will it play over and over or just when we are recording? Is there a "Lawn Care" channel? Or will this be 1 show on a mixed use channel?

Can you conference call with Skype? Will listeners get to call in to ask questions?

Lots of questions. That is exciting.

Keith

justin_time
02-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Feb. 06 2008,12:30)]only one problem justin... you shouldnt drive a truck with them on...
No I just take them off when I get in the truck.. I just use the same radio station in my truck as on the my ear muffs

Steve
02-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Quote[/b] ]Steve:

That's a great idea.

How long does the show need to be? Will it play over and over or just when we are recording? Is there a "Lawn Care" channel? Or will this be 1 show on a mixed use channel?

Can you conference call with Skype? Will listeners get to call in to ask questions?

Lots of questions. That is exciting.

Keith

Well, what I figure I would do is get something started where we can set a time when everyone knows we will be recording. I will then have some kind of graphic on the forum that will let everyone know when we are recording with a link to a post on how they can call in.

How long should the show be? 30mins? or maybe an hour? We might start shorter at first and see how it goes.

Once it is recorded we can put it online so it can be listened to whenever someone wants to listen to it.

If we can get some traction with the show, which I think we can cause I think we got a bunch of us on here that would just love to all get together and talk about business topics, then the show can be pitched to a satellite broadcaster. Who knows! It could be a real blast.

Think about different things you want to talk about and then we can come up with a list of show topics and roll with it.

I need to download and install Skype now and experiment with it.

We could have a small core group of us who tend to be on the show, kind of like Howard Stern and then we could have others call in and talk or ask questions.

What are your thoughts on all this?