PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Seattle!!!

FourSeasons
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
We finally got snow here in Seattle!
We are suppose to get more tonight. And then it will be gone though on Wed. and Thur.

Probably not a big deal to most of you. But we only get 1 or 2 good snow storms a year here.

Steve
01-29-2008, 12:08 AM
WOW! Was there enough to have to go out shoveling?

FourSeasons
01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
No, I just went out and played in it for a while. We only get it about once a year here. So I just decided to play with my kids in it.
This place turns into a mess when it snows. When you watch the news you would think that nobody has ever seen snow before the way they drive.
Sometimes its smarter to just stay home. Alot of smaller businesses close.
The snow is just about gone now though.

Steve
01-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Do the roads get salted pretty quickly or no?

FourSeasons
01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Quote[/b] ]Do the roads get salted pretty quickly or no?

Oh yeah and sanded to. Its crazy when it snows here. Or when its suppose to snow.
There is so many accidents. You can drive by any auto collision repair place and the lot is full of wrecked cars. Nobody can just stay home. Some people have to get to work. But sometimes is it really worth it. We only get about 1-4" at the most here in the lower areas. I live right at sea level. I can see the water from my living room window.
Theres cars pulled off to the side of the road everywhere and left. On the freeway bottom of hills. I helped push a guy out of the ditch. Its pretty funny.

Little's
01-31-2008, 10:08 PM
It snows once or twice a year here too, and people drive like idiots, not slowing down ar anything. I have 2 4x4 Suburbans. When it snows, I go out with my tow straps and pull people out of ditches for $20 each. It's a quick and easy way to make a little extra cash.