PDA

View Full Version : A little note to all forum users

justin_time
01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I know I already posted this but I want to make this clear

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE DO NOT USE COLOR FONT. I AM COLOR DEFICIENT AND I CANNOT READ THAT COLOR FONT. THANK YOU</span>

ritchiem
01-16-2008, 12:05 AM
If I may Justin...I am very sorry to hear about your color deficiency however if someone want to post using colors they are more then welcome to. But I have a solution for you. If you are using firefox you can set the text colors to always be black.

Tools **>
Options **>
Content **>
Fonts and Colors ->Colors
Choose your colors of choice and check "Use system colors"

Then you do not have to worry about the color of text on any site.

Cheers,

justin_time
01-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Jan. 16 2008,12:05)]If I may Justin...I am very sorry to hear about your color deficiency however if someone want to post using colors they are more then welcome to. *But I have a solution for you. *If you are using firefox you can set the text colors to always be black.

Tools **>
Options **>
Content **>
Fonts and Colors ->Colors
Choose your colors of choice and check "Use system colors"

Then you do not have to worry about the color of text on any site.

Cheers,
Cool

Thanks

And yes.. the grass is green and the red light is red... just not the same red as you guys that's all

ritchiem
01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I am sure that there is a way to do it using IE as well...but never tried...I am more of a firefox power user.

realhuntin
01-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi Justin

Here is help with IE7 color and fonts settings;

To override website font and color settings
If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Accessibility.
Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.

Hope this helps you have a more enjoyable time here on gopher forum.
Tim

ritchiem
01-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Well there we go...thanks Tim

pmblair
01-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Justin-
I'm sorry you have trouble reading our colored fonts... Tim offered a suggestion to fix this in Internet Explorer... Rich offered a suggestion to fix this in Firefox.

Do you use either of these browsers? Have you tried these suggestions?

PS- That color was temporary. *I like GREEN *
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

FourSeasons
01-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Tim-
You just tried to help him in a color he can't read.LOL
No offense Justin.

justin_time
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Quote[/b] (realhuntin @ Jan. 16 2008,1:08)]Hi Justin

Here is help with IE7 color and fonts settings;

To override website font and color settings
If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Accessibility.
Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.

Hope this helps you have a more enjoyable time here on gopher forum.
Tim
Now I have a gopher forum that is black and white !!!

http://i26.tinypic.com/ifuys2.jpg

ritchiem
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Yup that is right that is how it would look...almost all webpages now use css (Cascading Style Sheets). The .css file determines the look and feel of the webpage. If you overwrite that file you get a basic look...you don't loose functionality, only the look. Unless you were to rewrite a .css file to use for your browser, its the only way.

justin_time
01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Jan. 22 2008,8:08)]Yup that is right that is how it would look...almost all webpages now use css (Cascading Style Sheets). *The .css file determines the look and feel of the webpage. *If you overwrite that file you get a basic look...you don't loose functionality, only the look. *Unless you were to rewrite a .css file to use for your browser, its the only way.
Good ol' CSS

pmblair
01-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Congrats, Justin!!! Now ENJOY THE FORUM!! lol

justin_time
01-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Jan. 23 2008,12:20)]Congrats, Justin!!! * Now ENJOY THE FORUM!! *lol
Thanks Patrick...