PDA

View Full Version : COLD TEMP'S

EARLY BIRD MOWING/LANDSCAPING
01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
In Ohio we have temp's in the negative teens so don't forget our fury friends outside they need heat and lots of food and water the food you give them shoud be high protine and high fat, this will give them the energy they need to stay warm, if you can't give them heat outdoors just bring them in, we are all they have! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

pmblair
01-20-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm not a cat person, but when I got married, I learned to live with them. They're outside cats. Monday here in Georgia it was warm enough for short sleeves... same thing Tuesday... Tuesday night the temps dropped and it snowed a little (about 1/2" accum.) Wednesday. Thursday was warm enough for short sleeves again.... as was Friday... Friday night the temps dropped again and it snowed today (Saturday).... it's cold tonight and looking for snow again tomorrow.... Tuesday afternoon, after hearing the weather report, I opened the garage door about a foot to let the cats in the garage.... put an old clothes basket in the garage with an old blanket in it, and put their food in the garage, too... even though I'm not a cat person, I still have a heart... I hope everyone else here does, too... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif I'm sure you all do, but you make a good point! Even though it's only in the 20s and 30s here, it's still cold for Georgia cats.... lol

FourSeasons
01-20-2008, 12:45 AM
I brought mine in 2 months ago, and its usually in the low 30's here in Seattle. Not any lower than that much.
I couldn't imagine the teens. At least I can still work here.

realhuntin
01-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Here in KY it is currently 7 and hers the rest of the story,

Current conditions as of 8:53 am EST

Fair
Feels Like: -7
Barometer: 30.53 in and rising
Humidity: 54%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: -4
Wind: W 12 mph
Sunrise: 7:53 am
Sunset: 5:44 pm

This is day 2 of COLD, and does'nt look good for the next few days. My Lab is nuts, he want to go out and stay out playing, He might be built for this kind of weather but I'm not. I put his neoprene Vest on and he thinks its time to go swimming, he wouldn't think twice about bailing into the cold water, although he is built and breed for it, I just can see letting him do it.

FourSeasons
01-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Tim-
Do you work when its that cold?

realhuntin
01-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 20 2008,11:47)]Do you work when its that cold?
Yes if it is cold like this through the week I do If I have somthing to do. It dosen't bother me to much if I'm move and staying busy.