PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable of 2007?

Steve
12-30-2007, 01:13 PM
What are your most memorable experiences of 2007?

One that stands out in my mind is when Lee Cathey of Tiger Time Lawn Care hit the international news with his bikini lawn care service and was on Fox & Friends.

What are your thoughts?

realhuntin
01-04-2008, 02:01 AM
1).Guess my most memerable would be; getting well from extremely high blood pressure and way to high cholesterol levels that should have killed me, Doc said I was a walking Dead man 14 months ago, and I thought I was in great shape for a 40 year old man.

2) Getting rid of the stress, lowering my blood pressure and chlesterol caused from previous job and starting a lawn care business right in the middle of the worste drought in 20+ years and I still have less stress level.

3) Working side by side with my 17 year old son and 16 year old daughter, was a blast and looking forward to this summer.

Steve
01-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Tim,

Quote[/b] ]Getting rid of the stress, lowering my blood pressure and chlesterol caused from previous job

What types of things did you do to lower your stress and blood pressure?

Did you smoke?

I bet a lot of others find themselves stressed out as well and are looking for ways to relax a bit.

realhuntin
01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Fix my diet first, I stopped eating lunch at fast food type places.

Stopped doing the job that had me stressed and made changes in home life which lowered the blood pressure.

Yes I smoke. No I didn't quit.

Basicly eating better and healthier food helped the most.

Took some Tim Time helped with the stress also.

pmblair
01-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I decided this afternoon that I need some stress management... and some weight management as well... so my wife and I started eating healthier... I've done 100 pushups tonight (in an hour's time... during commercials of American Gladiators http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif)... and I'm going to quit smoking by the end of the month....

Any way I can control my stress I will... I just need to DO IT. = )

Steve
01-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]I decided this afternoon that I need some stress management

What do you suggest for others who feel this way as well?

What can one do to help with stress management?

FourSeasons
01-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Quote[/b] ]One that stands out in my mind is when Lee Cathey of Tiger Time Lawn Care hit the international news with his bikini lawn care service and was on Fox & Friends.

Steve-
What ever happened to this guy?
Are you ever in contact with him?
Is he still in business?

Steve
01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Rob,

A lot has happened to Lee. I think since he has started this, his world changed. He is still in business and very busy, that is why we never see him anymore. Once in a while I do get a chance to talk with him.

I don't think we will ever see a lawn care business owner get that much media attention in that short of time in our life time!

What is your reflection on the whole thing?

FourSeasons
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Quote[/b] ]What is your reflection on the whole thing?

I don't know to much except for what I saw on the gopher shows. I think its a crazy idea and it worked. Thats all that matters. He blew up and is very busy. Thats excellent.

There was kind of a same situation up here with espresso stands. A couple of them had girls in lingerie and bikinis. They were getting a lot of attention and business. On the news here to. And controversy from the girls that worked at them.
Some of the girls quit because of it.

But they got so much business from the attention.

Steve
01-15-2008, 08:44 PM
It really opens your eyes to the power of the media doesn't it?

If you can do something big and outrageous or just different from the norm, you really can get a lot of free attention.

Have you ever thought of anything you could do like that?

justin_time
01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
My most rememberable moment in 2007 was probably when my tractor was having major engine issues (so much oil was leaking).. i think it was the head gasket that was changed.

This lead to the rental/use of a demo mower for 2 weeks.

http://i5.tinypic.com/85fp4ba.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/6jld4d2.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/6s6pqj8.jpg

Steve
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
What kind of demo was it and how did you like it?

justin_time
01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 15 2008,10:42)]What kind of demo was it and how did you like it?
Husqvarna - 42 inch wide... same width as my tractor.. just 3x faster haha

Manufacturer Kawasaki V-Twin
Power 17 hp
Cooling Air-Cooled
Air filter Standard
Fuel tank capacity 11.4 gallons (2 tanks)

I love it...

but a nice price tag of 9500$ CAN when I last checked the price

Steve
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
When you reflect on the difference. How important is the speed factor ultimately to you when purchasing a mower/tractor?

If you were to buy this new one, how long would it take with the improved time savings to make it a worthwhile purchase?

I bet a lot of readers are thinking about things like this too.

justin_time
01-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 15 2008,11:27)]When you reflect on the difference. How important is the speed factor ultimately to you when purchasing a mower/tractor?

If you were to buy this new one, how long would it take with the improved time savings to make it a worthwhile purchase?

I bet a lot of readers are thinking about things like this too.
Well I would purchase one any day.. even if I don't have the money..

The thing is right now.. my dad's truck is not powerfull enough and I would need a new trailer since that machine is about 850 pounds compared to about 250 pounds from my lawn tractor so yeah.

It was pretty heavy it almost broke my trailer floor