PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice?

Steve
01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone get a chance last night to watch the Celebrity Apprentice?

I missed it and I am trying to find out if there are any full episodes of the missed show on NBC.

Did you see it? What did you think?

landonkade
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 04 2008,2:43)]Did anyone get a chance last night to watch the Celebrity Apprentice?

I missed it and I am trying to find out if there are any full episodes of the missed show on NBC.

Did you see it? What did you think?
i love that show,,, very business informated about marketing and such

DONALD TRUMP IS THE BOMB!!!!!!

he was on the BILLIONAIRES INSIDE SHOW on CNBC a few nights ago

Steve
01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Did you watch the first celebrity episode last night? Who did you like or not like from the group?

pmblair
01-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I watched about the first 10 minutes, then I had to get something done.... but the first two project managers were Omarosa and Stephen Baldwin. They, uhh, don't like each other too much... lol

I wanna watch it mainly to watch Gene Simmons!

Steve
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I was watching a little of the video snippets they have on the NBC site.

I really wish they had the entire episode online. Maybe I missed it somewhere.

This episode was about them selling hotdogs to raise money for charity?

Steve
01-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I found the full episodes.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Cel....=201331 (http://www.nbc.com/The_Celebrity_Apprentice/video/episodes.shtml#vid=201331)

I am gonna watch them now.

Let me know if you do too.

Steve
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok, I watched it and it was fair. Entertaining.

Gene Simmons kicked butt by using his contacts to spend big money on hotdogs for charity.

I am looking forwards to the next episode.

realhuntin
01-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Ok I don't watch much TV I never watched this show before Steve posted the link to it.

Celebrity Apprentice + Celebrity Hot Dogs for Charity should = Big Money.
THE MEN;
With this Theme and business plan Gene stepped up made calls to contacts and raked in the cash!
Excellent execution of resorces and contacts work for him.
(this can be done by you in our business as well, call in those contacts work those networks it pays off) He said its not the Vacuum Cleaner it's the sales men/person. He is 100% correct. The men was presented with a task, it was well executed and the English guy should have never turned away anyone and he was turning away to many people, GREED was at the best of him. On a business stand point NEVER LOWER your price, for a product or a SERVICE which make him a good businessman. The location was great, The Rockerfeller Center, couldn't have asked for a better location, BIG MONEY + BIG BUSINESS's = BETTER CHANCE OF BIGGER CASH SALES.
(Learn from this by who you market to and what areas you market)All of this provded to be the right business disision.

The Women;
Omenosa was to worried about being the 1st PM, she lost track of the task given. It is about Celebrities and Charity this was her 1st and 2nd mistake of many right off. She had a poor business plain, it was poorly executed in every way, she was way off track from the goal and task, again she was to concerred about being the PM and had blinders on, not wanting to listen to her team and their thoughts, calculating the input from them and then making the right business plan disision, she is a not leader I would want for my business. If not for Mary Lou going behind her back and calling in her contacts they would have been worste off than they were. The Location was bad for bringing in the BIG $$$'s the THEME is CELEBERTY HOT DOGS FOR CHARITY, what in the heck was they thinking? Tiff young and a obvious follower didnt stand up and use her resources and her SEX-A-Peel to draw customer's, not really her fault though she was only doing what she was told (the follower). She should have though and she would still be on the show and Omenosa would be gone! The show is about GREED and using every resource you have to step on someone else to get to the top to be a so called rich man.

Bottom line is;
Omenosa should be gone not Tiff, Omenosa showed lack of true leadership and was way off task line handed to her, she poorly planned, poor execution, unacceptable to change when she seen the plan was failing, showed no open mindness to her teams input on anything and thenasked whats up with the location? She handed blame for poor location back to someone that fit the location with the plan , which was sell as many hot dogs to as many people that will buy them for what ever we can get was her plan. This type of business plan only works short term and I mean short at the very best and if tried for to long always fails, business goes down + cost goes up = closed business and it was proven.

The women did 17k in a few hours the men did +50k in the same amount of time, if not for Mary Lou which provided over 66% of their income in three sales = 11K, the woman would have been cruched even more.

As PM for the women I would have asked each what they had to offer, Well this is obvious SEXAPEEL, then ask about thier resources , then location question would have been where is the place there is BIG MONEY and BIG BUSINESS's, thats where I would want my hot dog stand, Omenosa kept saying upsell upsell thats good if you got the right location, in this task MEN where the target markets not women not prople in general it was about selling the most hot dogs for Charity, I wouldn't have picked the Subway and Penstation for the world, the working man riding the subway can't afford $200 for a hot dog and probly wouldnt have that much cash on him riding in a subway as far as that goes, this is just common sense. I wouldn't have exploited the women but they would have used what they have and that alone will draw attenchen to what your selling. Just letting the men know YES this is the PLAYMATE of the MONTH and YES this is a Supper Model and YES this is a place to get your HOT DOG Served by a HOT Celebety for a CHARITABLE CAUSE. OMG this Omenosa was wrong in so many ways I lost count. Donald picked Tiff to be fired because she was the "NICE GUY" and nice guy's aways finish last in Big Business, just nature of the beast. She had no fight for herself against them for true reason she didn't use her resouces and that being she was told not to that they all where going to do it Omenosa's way she was the PM and that is that as it was siad during the so called planing stages. This dosn't mean that nice guys can't make a good honest living at what they do but in this case would never survive. Because GREEDY People don't care who they step on or how they get there as long as they get there 1st.

Seem to me this show is mostly about GREED and in many forms of it. You can learn some from this show if you take the right prospecives and impliment it to your business. Remember GREED is the 1st of the Seven Sins.

Just my point of view of the show.

Steve
01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Omereosa should have been fired but I am guessing Trump likes her in there to cause conflict and make more viewers want to watch the show and shake their heads at her decision making process.

The gal that did get fired, was fired because she didn't call Hugh Hefner to buy a hotdog? Please! Give me a break.

Thats WHAT I'm saying. this was crazy TV show

realhuntin
01-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 05 2008,11:55)]Omereosa should have been fired but I am guessing Trump likes her in there to cause conflict and make more viewers want to watch the show and shake their heads at her decision making process.

The gal that did get fired, was fired because she didn't call Hugh Hefner to buy a hotdog? Please! Give me a break.

Thats WHAT I'm saying. this was crazy TV show
Opps Sorry Steve.

That is waht I'm saying, this is a crazy TV show.

Steve
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Now you can edit posts http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Here are some questions and responses from Gene Simmons about how he got onto the Celebrity Apprentice and what his thoughts are of the show.

It's quite fascinating to see how all these things come together.

Being in the right place at the right time, always seems to help.

How Gene Simmons became a TV apprentice (http://genesimmons.com/) -
How did Donald Trump lure you into doing "Celebrity Apprentice"?

I went to a restaurant and I saw the powerful, attractive and world-famous Donald Trump there. And on the way out, we exchanged pleasantries and it was sort of a "Hey, you want to do the show?" kind of thing. It was very fast and I went to myself, "Well, I got a lot of stuff, KISS is going back out on tour, I got to tie my shoe and ** wait a minute. That's an interesting idea." ... Of course because I'm delusional, I thought I was going to sit in the judge's seat on "Celebrity Apprentice." I didn't know Donald Trump was going to throw me right into the pits of #### with people like Marilu Henner. She's all smiles and innocent, and little miss goody two-shoes. She's a killer.

What makes you want to compete in something like "The Apprentice"?

You know, I'm blessed to be the king of my own domain, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. But the question is if the rug is pulled out from under you and you don't have your support system, your staff, and your infrastructure, how good are you really? I'm also an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs, it seems to me, by and large are self-motivators and self-starters. They'd rather do it themselves and sort of outsource and use somebody else's infrastructure to get to where they want to go ** it's a cheaper business model. So I wanted to see how good I was in another situation. I was curious. I mean, I'm the rat that knew the maze to get to the cheese as a rocker. But how good am I in a brand new maze? The question is ** and this is what any champion in any field will eventually have to ask himself or herself ** once you've got enough money, once you've got enough fame and the glitz, and the glamor and the power, and the accoutrement of the American dream, when all the flashbulbs are gone and the girls stop kissing you, and you put the awards away and the sun comes up the next morning, and you're there by yourself ** will you get up at the crack of dawn and try to beat your own record?

pmblair
01-06-2008, 12:37 AM
...who said rockers were all dope heads who didn't know their butts from a hole in the ground??

GENE
ROCKS!
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

realhuntin
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Gene is a marketing marvel and has a great business sense. He knows how to use his network and resources to get things done. He has proven this time and time again.

pmblair
01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I think Gene is the main reason why KISS was so popular... IS so popular... he was (and is) the driving force of their marketing...

Steve
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
It is fascinating isnt it? Because when you think about it. He was not anywhere near the best bass player. He was good but not great. However he did excel in being a showman.

It makes you wonder if the same holds true for the lawn care industry or any industry for that matter.

pmblair
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
A good front man will get you everywhere... in music... sports... tv... and yes, even the lawn care industry... I think the "spokesman", or the person who does the majority of the customer contacts can make or break your company... now don't get me wrong, when that sliver-tongued slick-talker gets the customer to sign-on with the company, you'd better be able to provide quality service, otherwise, all that talk was for naught.

Ya dig?

Steve
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Do you think there is any chance of Gene winning this show?