PDA

View Full Version : Business Networking?

FourSeasons
01-01-2008, 11:30 PM
What happened to the guy that was doing the BNI? I don't remember who it was. But if they are still on here update us.

I got this email today:

Quote[/b] ]Dear Rob,

I got a call from Kevin yesterday. He's been in the Lawn Care Business for 15 years now. He bought my program, thank you Kevin, because he felt he would get value from it.

More importantly to me and to you, is what he told me next.

He said he joined a professional NETWORKING organization, ( No, not Amway or Shaklee) about one year ago.

For those of you who may not be aware, Networking clubs meet regularly to trade business cards and business LEADS.

Kevin's networking group meets every Friday morning at 8:00.

In one year...one year..Kevin has DOUBLED his business!

He attributes this to the networking group. This really opened MY eyes. HMMM..maybe my brother and I need to be active in our Networking groups.

Call your Chamber of Commerce and inquire about the groups they sponsor. Check in your Yellow Pages and look for Business Networking.

Imagine what you could do. Kevin had 14 years of experience and growth and yet was able to double his business in one year.

Go for it!

I want to know if they have seen any increase in revenue.
Or if the potential is there.

realhuntin
01-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Quote[/b] (FourSeasons @ Jan. 02 2008,12:30)]What happened to the guy that was doing the BNI? I don't remember who it was. But if they are still on here update us.

I got this email today:

Quote[/b] ]Dear Rob,

I got a call from Kevin yesterday. He's been in the Lawn Care Business for 15 years now. He bought my program, thank you Kevin, because he felt he would get value from it.

More importantly to me and to you, is what he told me next.

He said he joined a professional NETWORKING organization, ( No, not Amway or Shaklee) about one year ago.

For those of you who may not be aware, Networking clubs meet regularly to trade business cards and business LEADS.

Kevin's networking group meets every Friday morning at 8:00.

In one year...one year..Kevin has DOUBLED his business!

He attributes this to the networking group. This really opened MY eyes. HMMM..maybe my brother and I need to be active in our Networking groups.

Call your Chamber of Commerce and inquire about the groups they sponsor. Check in your Yellow Pages and look for Business Networking.

Imagine what you could do. Kevin had 14 years of experience and growth and yet was able to double his business in one year.

Go for it!

I want to know if they have seen any increase in revenue.
Or if the potential is there.
Hi Rob

It was me and I applied for the group in Dec then the holidays hit on the meeting days so I wont be back to one until the 8th. From what I seen the business potential is crazy good in this group so if you can go to a few different meeting at different groups you can choose what group you wnat to join, this way you get a feel for the members and if they are the right ones to help you out in referals, as well as you helping them out. My trade buddy is in 2 different groups and he increased his business by 13-15k last summer alone.

It will take a few weeks for them to let me know if I am accepted into the group, my brother-n-law is on the new memebers commity so there shouldnt be any issues.

But from what I seen I am very impressed, if you can go then GO! You can see how things are run and find out all the info when you get there, they will guide you through it.

ABurlison
01-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Are there any costs involved with joining such a group? Wasn't there a website to see if there are groups in my area?

realhuntin
01-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Jan. 02 2008,12:50)]Are there any costs involved with joining such a group? *Wasn't there a website to see if there are groups in my area?
yes there are cost and it is set by the chapter in your area.

the website is http://www.bni.com

FourSeasons
01-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Quote[/b] ]It was me and I applied for the group in Dec then the holidays hit on the meeting days so I wont be back to one until the 8th. From what I seen the business potential is crazy good in this group so if you can go to a few different meeting at different groups you can choose what group you wnat to join, this way you get a feel for the members and if they are the right ones to help you out in referals, as well as you helping them out. My trade buddy is in 2 different groups and he increased his business by 13-15k last summer alone.

It will take a few weeks for them to let me know if I am accepted into the group, my brother-n-law is on the new memebers commity so there shouldnt be any issues.

But from what I seen I am very impressed, if you can go then GO! You can see how things are run and find out all the info when you get there, they will guide you through it.

Thanks. I going to have to get in touch with my customer that first told me about the bni. He really recommended it. But i didn't know what to think about it. There is also alot of scams out there.

Yes there is joining fees. The one here in my area is about $300 to join. And you have to be there at the meetings. Its Not some joke.

www.bni.com

is the site.

realhuntin
01-02-2008, 12:12 AM
YOur right Rob its not a joke or scam you have to be at every meeting, (here you can miss 4 a year) and if your not they will ask you to leave the group. The cost for this group here is 450 the first year and 350 every year after.

They do not give out leads they are referals and there is a difference in the two.

Leads are I know someone that MIGHT need your services, give them a call and see if they do.

Referrals this person has already established contact with the potential customer and is waiting for your call. not a maybe or might need.