PDA

View Full Version : Favorite gifts!!!!

Steve
12-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Ok I had to start a post on favorite gifts from Christmas.

Although it was given to me, I have been loving this game.

Has anyone played with thw Wii yet?

OH WOW is this thing crazy. They have this boxing game that really pulls you into the game. After three round of throwing punches you really work up a sweat!

Amazing!

What have your favorites been?

FourSeasons
12-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Quote[/b] ]Amazing!

What have your favorites been?

I've always wanted to play one of those! lol

My wife got me 4 sweatshirts with the name of my business embroidered on the back nice and big and my name small on the front like a uniform. Also got 2 hats with my name embroidered on them to.

And a digital camera thats mine so I don't have to take her pink sony with me to take pics.

pmblair
12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, aside from the Guitar Hero III (which I actually got for my boys), my wife is throwing me a poker party this Friday... got about 7 of us, she's making all the food, organizing it and everything. = ) When the guys get here, all we'll have to do is sit down and play. Food will be surrounding us, we'll have great music and a ton of fun..... and maybe someone will win some ::cough cough cash cough cough:: chips. = )

AMW Graphics
12-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Don't know if it counts...i got a New Ruler!
(96" long, aircraft alum. and anodized)

I paid for it...lol
We have another just like it but everyone drops it and bangs it around....this one is JUST for me!

The best thing i got from someone else is NETWORKING...
I hooked up with a guy who can send a ton of work our way, he is my wifes uncle. He is going to wok out some deals between his biz contacts and myself, which is always welcome!

a little about him:
He's 48 and retired! (about 5 months ago)
He is a multi millionaire (self made).
He owns or is partners in over 20 company's.
He is friendly with people i only hear of in the news..lol

He said "I have some free time now that I'm retired..Lets figure out who i can hook you up with to bring your biz to a whole different level" (I am married to his 2nd favorite niece!).

We are meeting with a guy who owns a recording studio in partnership with some musicians. Also with a guy who make a few products and we would be offering 30+ designs to customize his products for the end user.

Looking forward to seeing where this ends up!

Steve
12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Tony,

What did you uncle do? It sounds interesting!

Rob, Any pics of the sweatshirts?

Oh and which console is guitar hero for?

tjgray
12-26-2007, 08:41 PM
From my Aunt and Uncle http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/tjgray/Christmas%202007/BestPresentEver.jpg

pmblair
12-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Tony - WOW!! That's amazingly cool! Congrats!!!

Steve - PS2 = )

AMW Graphics
12-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 26 2007,7:53)]Tony,

What did you uncle do? It sounds interesting!
its my wifes uncle, but thats beside the point.

I don't want to mention names since this is a public forum I don't think he would appreciate it very much, but i will give you some more info.

This is from his "bio" written by someone else...but i edited the heck out of it for privacy.

Between $12and $14billion of the defense budget flows through the xxxx in xxxx Michigan. He was director of the National xxxx and executive director for Technology Transfer at the U.S. xxxx, (xxxx), part of xxxx. If it has wheels or treads, he is most likely the person responsible for bringing it from the drawing board to the battlefield.

All of the research and development as well as the procurement of end products and the sustainment of those end products that has anything to do with soldiers on the ground that move, comes out of this command...

a Detroit native, grew up around cars, but opted to work for the Defense Department in order to do good for America’s soldiers.

We need lighter materials and better fuel economy because a battlefield operates on four things that just always have to happen: fuel, water, food and bullets. Anything that we can do to reduce that logistics burden and improve it, are things that we need to talk about and do together. We really do have more effort going… probably not so much with the Big Three as with the first tier, second tier and those kinds of suppliers in the area.

he says that R&D-focused suppliers, both small and large, are welcome to partner with xxxx, xxxx and xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx. Just bring ideas…

There is a lot more to him, but you get the idea...and obviously it was with military.

He was a big part of the development of the smart truck also.
(*****HE DID NOT WORK FOR THE COMPANY MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO!**** It was a govt. job.)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/239587/the_smart_truck/

Pretty cool or what?

His "talent" is connecting people/biz together to better everyone involved.

pmblair
12-27-2007, 07:28 PM
WOW!!! That's HUGE!!

Little's
12-27-2007, 09:31 PM
In the theme of Jeopardy...
Who is xxxxxx xxxx?

Steve
12-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Brandon, Tony just edited it for the person's privacy.

Tony, that is really amazing. I bet he would have a lot to teach if you ever had the chance to sit down and talk with him. Can you imagine all you could learn about networking! WOW I bet he is a real people person!

AMW Graphics
12-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 28 2007,10:12)]Brandon, Tony just edited it for the person's privacy.

Tony, that is really amazing. I bet he would have a lot to teach if you ever had the chance to sit down and talk with him. Can you imagine all you could learn about networking! WOW I bet he is a real people person!
I will be talking with him sometime in the next 10 days, i am expecting to be more or less an all day thing with him, my wife and myself.

Real example of something he "did"...

A lady wanted his help to get into a nice building to make pasta...she sells it on the Internet only and was doing it from her house. He said...why would you want to pay all that money for rent if you don't have to? (not to mention, gas, elec, water, ins., etc.) She said "its just to hard to make enough at my house to keep up with the orders". He said ..why not find a restaurant that would be willing to trade some of their kitchen for some of your pasta?

So this lady is making 4x as much pasta in less time, with no additional expenses!

What i like is that he gives you "an instant answer"...its not let me talk to some people and get back to you.

I will let you know how it goes, and what happens.