PDA

View Full Version : Nice to hear english

FourSeasons
11-11-2007, 06:57 PM
There has been quite a few times when I talk to someone on the phone or go out and give a estimate that the customer says something to me like - "Well it was just nice to hear english", "At least I can understand you", or "Well its nice to see an American" or something of that nature.
I've had customers complain about foreign lco's being rude and not being able to understand them and worse that I won't mention.
Does anyone else run into this? It can't just be in Washington. In fact I would think it would be worse in other areas.
I was thinking of putting on my flyers, ads, and cards American owned and operated since I seem to keep running into customers like this.
What's your guys thoughts on this?

Little's
11-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I also hear this kind of thing a lot. I have had customers tell me that they didnt feel comfortable with "possible illegals" running around their home when they are not home, since they leave there doors unlocked when they are not home. Others have told me things I wont say on here.
I think if you just put your fist and last name on your business cards and fliers, then that would speak for itself just as well as putting American owned- or something similar.

pmblair
11-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Another alternative (which I have considered doing myself) would be to just put a small American flag somewhere on your advertising materials. If anyone thinks it's something deragitory (sp?), you can just tell them that you support the troops or something....

Personally, I know there are a lot of Hispanic lawn care/landscape crews here in the Atlanta area... some people prefer them... some people abhor their very existance. I, myself, may end up using some for day labor if I ever run into the need, but it would only be after I have offered the job to friends and family that I know need the extra money... and even then, I would politely ask the worker for proof of American citizenship. I don't mind Hispanic people at all... I just want to make sure I cover my own butt so I don't get into trouble for hiring an illegal immigrant.

FourSeasons
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Quote[/b] ]Another alternative (which I have considered doing myself) would be to just put a small American flag somewhere on your advertising materials.
All my business cards have an American flag for the background of the whole flag. I almost didn't get them because I didn't want to offend anyone since this place is so sensitive now a days but my wife said just get them and they look good.
I don't mind having to compete with anyone for business but if that is something customers like is having an American doing work for them then I would think use it to my advantage in a respectable way. I'm out make money and get as much business as I can just like everyone else out there.

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-13-2007, 11:53 AM
It is a great idea to put the Stars & Stripes with the words "American Owned and Operated."

I really can't see residential customers being offended as long as your prices are competitive.

AMW Graphics
11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I agree...here is a sign we made the other day with the exact same thing.

Top right corner.

http://www.amw-graphics.com/images/alumsign/alum-trailer-sign-print.jpg

FourSeasons
11-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Nobody really responded to this. I thought maybe I was a little off. Its nice to see others think its a good idea.