PDA

View Full Version : once agin website has proven itself

pnplawn
10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,

Once again my website has proven it self to be winner, Time over time I get calls from customers that own homes here in my county and the next county over. They are from another state.They find me by doing search on the internet for lawn care. I signed up 2 new contracts at the end of the season for 12 month contract this week. Now I have 2 more contracts that will be paying me in next few months when winter is here. If you dont know how to get your site listed in google search for my past thread on how get your site listed with google.

Steve
10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
That is just amazing! Congratulations!

anadyf
10-10-2007, 03:59 AM
That's great pnplawn and i heartily congrates you for your business success.
Yeah, SE's plays an major role for getting targetted traffic. SEO is most effective way for getting better rank and hence good traffic.
even most of our traffic is through SE and we always make our site more SE friendly.

TexaSstar
10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Yahoo is my web host, will this work with any search engine? I read your post but I am a computer moron. Is there an easier explanation? I will buy you a beer for your trouble.

pnplawn
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Quote[/b] (TexaSstar @ Oct. 11 2007,11:49)]Yahoo is my web host, will this work with any search engine? I read your post but I am a computer moron. Is there an easier explanation? I will buy you a beer for your trouble.
Give me link to your site I want to look it the source.

TexaSstar
10-11-2007, 11:09 PM
www.yourdfwlanwcare.com

Steve
10-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Whoops I think he meant http://www.yourdfwlawncare.com/

TexaSstar
10-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, thank you Team Gopher. The website is a work in progress and any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve
10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Well I do love the name of it.

Maybe have some photos of your lawns and maybe some photos of you in the about us page?

TexaSstar
10-12-2007, 09:58 PM
That is a good idea but I would be afraid a picture of me would scare people away.
That website took me all of 30 minutes and it probably shows but just like everything else it is a work in progress.

Steve
10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I do think you did a fine job! Have you gotten any business because of your website? Have customers searched you out online first and then called you?

TexaSstar
10-13-2007, 01:10 AM
No, I just put it up yesterday afternoon, it is not available in the search engine or local directory for anther day or so from what they have told me. I will keep everyone posted as to how it works out. I have had 85 hits in the last 48 hours with 49 hits coming today. I hope to get atleast something out of it. o.k., too many beers...going to sleep.:blush:

anadyf
10-13-2007, 07:58 AM
@ TexaSstar
Well i have gone through your site
It;s simple and sweet but if you are thinking for getting traffic from SE then you will have to work on it.
Try to add more relevant content to it, use onpage and off page optimization, try to get backlinks from other
lawn sites do directory submission etc.....
hey you dont have proper Title, H1 and other tags they play a major role in SE optimization.

If you are new to all this stuff please read few SEO related article and blod and do update yourself, you may visit our blog at http://blog.webhosting.uk.com/uk-website-hosting/seo-articles/

TexaSstar
10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions, I will let everyone know when I get my first call from the site.

Steve
10-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Also, this is a suggestion I learned from Rodman, but have you thought about registering a bunch of domains that all poit to your site. Like for instance, the towns you service then lawn care .com

Like www.dallaslawncare.com or stuff like that. I dont know which are available but it seems to work pretty good for Rodman and it might work well for you too!

pnplawn
10-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Quote[/b] (TexaSstar @ Oct. 13 2007,2:10)]No, I just put it up yesterday afternoon, it is not available in the search engine or local directory for anther day or so from what they have told me. I will keep everyone posted as to how it works out. I have had 85 hits in the last 48 hours with 49 hits coming today. I hope to get atleast something out of it. o.k., too many beers...going to sleep.:blush:
Do me favor under your title section put the name of your town and county then lawn care after. Example : Avon Park Highlands County Lawn Care

TexaSstar
10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I received my forst e-mail from the website today, it is from a property management company that needs yards mowed. I am meeting for a bid tomorrow. I am not listed on the search engines yet but I did put a link in craigslist and I think that is how he found it.

Steve
10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Great Job! Let us know how it goes.

You can submit your website to google to get listed. It's free. Go here

http://www.google.com/addurl/

pmblair
10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Rodman, is it better to optimize your page with keywords and meta tags BEFORE you submit it to Google?

pnplawn
10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
I could do a little page like this try help you out if you want. Take look, DFW Page (http://www.pnplawncare.com/dfw/)

pnplawn
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Try this one also see what you think.

<a href="http://www.pnplawncare.com/dfw/index2.html" target="_blank">Number 2

</a>Number 1 (http://www.pnplawncare.com/dfw/index.html)

SerranoLandscaping
10-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Is there a way to make my myspace page available when they search for lawn care or landscaping.

Just asking cause I will like to get more people to view the page not just myspace members..

pnplawn
10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
yes and no, what is your myspace address ?

TexaSstar
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the suggestions P&P, I made some revisions. I like the mower graphic at the bottom like you had it.

SerranoLandscaping
10-16-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.myspace.com/serranolandscaping

SerranoLandscaping
10-16-2007, 02:29 PM
When i search Serrano Landscaping on google it shows alot of web pages with my name. But I want when i search lawn care emmaus pa or landscaping emmaus pa that my web page come up in the 1st or 2nd page.

I dont know if its possible. If not then i'll have to make a website for my business.

Steve
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I just did a check and it looks like http://www.emmauslawncare.com/ is available too!

SerranoLandscaping
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Im looking to create a website for my business but 1st I want to know if i can create a free one. But using the name like Serranolandscaping.com or .net not like freewebsite.com/serranolandscaping. If not how much you guys think i should spend on a website.

Steve
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
You could create a free one. I think godaddy.com is dirt cheap and then you will be able to host your own site.

Check out some of their hosting plans. Let us know which you find that would work.

You can have multiple domains all be directed to the same website too.

pmblair
10-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Contact me, Serrano... I can help you get out as cheaply as possible.

pmblair@blairprod.com

Here's my partner's MySpace page:

Green & Clean (http://www.myspace.com/bzoip19)

It's his personal page, but we customized it tonight. *Let me know what you guys think.

pnplawn
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
This thread keeps going and going.

Steve
10-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Quote[/b] ]Here's my partner's MySpace page:

Green & Clean

It's his personal page, but we customized it tonight. Let me know what you guys think.

I think there might be money in customizing myspace sites for businesses as well!

pmblair
10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
I'd never done that before... he wanted me to spruce it up a bit and add some company information on there... that's how it turned out... lol I went a little crazy, but he LOVES it...

Steve
10-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Patrick,

Who does the marketing for your business or do both of you? Who seems to enjoy it more?

pmblair
10-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, Jason works at Blockbuster until our business picks up, so he meets all kinds of people, passes out business cards and fliers there... I do the mainstream marketing... design work, online marketing, etc... we both go out on his days off and shake hands and hand out business cards and insta-quotes (go to the property, look it over, quote it, then go in and introduce yourself with the quote in hand)....

I think we both like doing it... it's just the feeling of "hey, I got that customer for our business" that makes us want to do it... ya know?

tjgray
11-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 15 2007,6:05)]Great Job! Let us know how it goes.

You can submit your website to google to get listed. It's free. *Go here

http://www.google.com/addurl/
This was very helpful info. but while checking our website stats. I ran across another site that has me bummed...

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/offtopic.gif This year I have recieved a couple of calls asking if we were The Other Side and when I say yes they tell me that we do their neighbors lawn and they want us to start doing theirs BUT when they give me their address I am confused because we don't have customers that are next door. *This has led me to suspect that their was another lawn and landscape company doing business with a name close to ours.

Well tonight I found their website. *Their name is The Other Side Landscaping Company and their site looks like they do really nice work. *They are located in McKinney, TX which is actually 37 miles from us so we are not really in each others service area and besides The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is a HUGE place with plenty of work for all but I don't want to butt heads with them...

My brain is clicking with thoughts of trying to maybe network with them because I do get calls looking for them ...but I don't know???

What do ya'll think???

Anyways I cheered myself up a bit by adding some music to our website... ya'll check it out and tell me what ya think

http://www.theothersidelawncompany.com

Now back on topic or maybe it's not but Texas Star I like your site and I was pleased to see that you service North Richland Hills.

We have had a route over there for the last 4 years that each year we consider dropping because the drive time is almost 5 hours to and from. *We make good money off of the 4 lawns we do over there and they are good customers that we have had from day one but the drive time just eats the profits. *And we certainly can't afford to add on anymore properties over there because we most definately don't want to make the drive more than once a week. *This has led to us turning down work in the area...

It is nice to be able to network with someone who services the area just in case we get any more potential customers that we have to turn down or if we ever do decide to give up the four we have over there...not something we are ready to do yet but if we get any busier we might have to make that decision...

Anyways I didn't mean to take this off topic...but I wanted to say howdy to our neighbor http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
11-05-2007, 06:15 AM
You know, come to think of it. There was another lawn care business owner on here a while back that had the name The Other Side Lawn Care. Hmmm Very interesting. I guess this is the other businesses site http://www.othersidelandscaping.com/

Are you both in the same county? That could get messy and such a similar name shouldn't have been allowed to be registered. In fact if you are in the same county and both registered there, the earlier one could send a cease and desist from using that name. This also has the potential of getting messier as you both grow.

If you get calls for that area you could simple tell the customer to call them or you could take their info and pass it to the other company and ask they do the same. Who knows it just might work.

I like your websites music too http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Let us know what you think of all this.

tjgray
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 05 2007,6:15)]You know, come to think of it. There was another lawn care business owner on here a while back that had the name The Other Side Lawn Care. Hmmm Very interesting. *I guess this is the other businesses site http://www.othersidelandscaping.com/

Are you both in the same county? That could get messy and such a similar name shouldn't have been allowed to be registered. In fact if you are in the same county and both registered there, the earlier one could send a cease and desist from using that name. This also has the potential of getting messier as you both grow.

If you get calls for that area you could simple tell the customer to call them or you could take their info and pass it to the other company and ask they do the same. Who knows it just might work.

I like your websites music too http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Let us know what you think of all this.
Yes that is the other company's website and no we are not in the same county. *We are registered in Dallas and they are in McKinney. From the map it looks like they may be in Collin County so I assume they are registered there. *There is a 37 mile distance from us and so we really don't service the same areas except for I did notice they service Richardson and we do have a couple of customers in Richardson.

But, like I said The Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex is HUGE and there is plenty of work for all so I think the chances of us butting heads would be slim.

But if we both grow *sighs* I don't know???

What I do know is that we have been The Other Side Lawn Company for 4 years and I don't want to change it.

I think because the names are different and that because there are about a thousand lawn and landscape companies in the metroplex that neither of us could make the other cease and desist...I think anyways??

I do not know how long The Other Side Landscaping has been in business...maybe I should try and find out???

Maybe I should just leave it alone and concentrate on growing my own company *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

tjgray
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Here is the map...what do you think?? Kinda close or not enough to be concerned about??

Map (http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&q2=2631%20Oak%20Bend%20Ln,%20Dallas,%20TX,%2075227&gid1=28646528&q1=2413%20Dalhart%20Trail,%20McKinney%20TX,%20us&trf=0&lon=-96.746292&lat=32.823057&mag=8)

ABurlison
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Have any of you used the GoDaddy.com website builder program? and how easy would it be to upload one of the free templates on here? Just getting some ideas.

Thanks,

ANDY

Steve
11-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Quote[/b] ]I do not know how long The Other Side Landscaping has been in business...maybe I should try and find out???
From their site "The Other Side Landscaping was founded in January of 2004 by Michael H. Kennedy"

Quote[/b] ]But if we both grow *sighs* I don't know???
I think there is a potential for problems as you both grow. For instance: now what if they do a bad job and people think yours is the same company? I think it is good though that you are aware of this.

When you look at the map you can see how a radius of 15 miles makes your service areas overlap. That really isn't too big of an area either. Which I mean there is a potential for problems.

I think sooner or later someone will be sending the other a letter on this issue.

Steve
11-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Quote[/b] ]Have any of you used the GoDaddy.com website builder program? and how easy would it be to upload one of the free templates on here? Just getting some ideas.
Hi Andy,

You should be able to do it. If not, there are plenty of lcos on this forum that are web savvy and could offer you help.

So try it out and see how you are able to do.

pmblair
11-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Andy, if you need some help with a website, you should check out http://ebuildlawncarewebsites.com/

...and if you need a logo, contact me... I can give you a GREAT deal!
pmblair@blairprod.com

FourSeasons
11-06-2007, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE]Have any of you used the GoDaddy.com website builder program?[QUOTE]

A couple people on here said they didn't like godaddy.com to much. And to try afmu.com or yahoo.com for a hoster.

tjgray
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,3:39)]Quote[/b] ]I do not know how long The Other Side Landscaping has been in business...maybe I should try and find out???
From their site "The Other Side Landscaping was founded in January of 2004 by Michael H. Kennedy"

Quote[/b] ]But if we both grow *sighs* I don't know???
I think there is a potential for problems as you both grow. For instance: now what if they do a bad job and people think yours is the same company? I think it is good though that you are aware of this.

When you look at the map you can see how a radius of 15 miles makes your service areas overlap. That really isn't too big of an area either. Which I mean there is a potential for problems.

I think sooner or later someone will be sending the other a letter on this issue. *What do you think a letter should include??? *Should maybe I contact them and see if maybe we can work together...perhaps refer customers to each other??? *I just don't know and would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

I do offer my apologies for taking this totally off topic. *Perhaps you could answer me in a new topic so we can get this one back on track???

The more I talk about this the more concerned I get
Where did you find their founded info.? *I have searched the site and can't see it. EDIT ok Duhhh I found it...*I did see on their employment area that they have been in operation for four years...

Looks like we both started up the same year. *It also looks like that maybe they started up with more funds available and have had better growth than we have...

From the site it appears that they have employees and crews while we are still just my husband, son, and me.

I do know that we had our website first...but that doesn't help me feel any better.

I too think we are a little close for comfort. *You make a real good point about what if they do a bad job or vice versa and it gives the other a bad reputation...

I too think that it is good that at least we know and wonder if they know about us???

I just don't know what steps I should take to address this???

What if this were to happen to you??? *what would you do as a LCO if someone opened up another LCO at the same time as you with a VERY similiar name???

You mentioned that sooner or later one or the other would be sending a letter out to address this issue...

What do you think a letter such as this should include??? *I keep thinking that maybe we could network and perhaps send customers that are outside our service areas to each other but I don't know???

What I do know is that I have taken this thread totally off topic so maybe when you answer you can start another thread???

That way I can get the advice and suggestions that I really would appreciate and this thread can get back on topic...

The more I think about this the more concerned I get...

tjgray
11-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Nov. 05 2007,6:26)]Have any of you used the GoDaddy.com website builder program? *and how easy would it be to upload one of the free templates on here? *Just getting some ideas.

Thanks,

ANDY
Hey There Andy,

I have used godaddy.com for the last few years. While I can't help you with how easily a template from TeamGopher can be uploaded because even though I think TeamGophers web templates are awesome I felt like I wanted to do something original...I can say I have never had any problems with godaddy.coms service. Their rates are good and I have never had any problems updating and uploading my website that I created in dream weaver...

Now I did look at their templates they offered but again I didn't really see any I liked so I opted to go with my own design simple as it is http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I would recommend them even though I think others here have had some bad experiencs...

Godaddy has always worked well for me http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

ABurlison
11-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the help. I actually do have Dreamweaver, but I don't have a ton of experience with it. Is there a way I could just take a whole web template from this site and upload it into dreamweaver as a whole package so I can edit certain aspects and make it my own? Every time I try to open something, it appears I have to do it 1 page at a time, but maybe I'm not doing it right?

Thanks,

ANDY

pmblair
11-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote[/b] (ABurlison @ Nov. 06 2007,2:56)]Thanks for all the help. *I actually do have Dreamweaver, but I don't have a ton of experience with it. *Is there a way I could just take a whole web template from this site and upload it into dreamweaver as a whole package so I can edit certain aspects and make it my own? *Every time I try to open something, it appears I have to do it 1 page at a time, but maybe I'm not doing it right?

Thanks,

ANDY
No... you have to edit one page at a time... there are tricks to doing things on the "server side", but if you're just learning Dreamweaver, then you're still a ways away from SSI stuff.