PDA

View Full Version : Home Owner Associations

FourSeasons
10-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I was mowing a customers lawn a couple days ago and while I was there so were the people mowing for the HOA. I want to bid on this area because I would bet that the HOA is probably not happy with their service.
I was watching them work and it was two young guys riding around on john deere riders. Going thru the streets pretty fast and smoking while they were mowing. I was only watching them for a few minutes but it didn't look very professional to me. As I was leaving the neighbor hood I saw a lot of spots they missed.
I guess everyone has their own work ethic.

I would like to know the most common way to get in contact with HOAs. It always seems to be a mystery.

Oh I guess I just ask my customer that is part of the HOA how to get ahold of them. (Common Sense)

Well anyways what about all the other HOAs out there.

Thanks for the help.

pnplawn
10-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Ask your customer who you mowed there lawn, who is the President of there HOA is. Thats easy enough?

FourSeasons
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Quote[/b] ]Ask your customer who you mowed there lawn, who is the President of there HOA is. Thats easy enough?

Oh yeah that one was kind of self explanatory.
Quote[/b] ]Oh I guess I just ask my customer that is part of the HOA how to get ahold of them. (Common Sense)

What about the other neighbor hoods though? Would I just stop and ask some one who lives in them? Its probably real simple I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
All I ever see relating to contacting the HOAs is their seperate mail/drop box.

pmblair
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
You could always drop a letter on your letterhead into the HOA boxes that you see... attach a business card and maybe a quote.

pnplawn
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Oct. 20 2007,12:12)]You could always drop a letter on your letterhead into the HOA boxes that you see... attach a business card and maybe a quote.
I would not do a Quote untill I talk to someone see what all was needed first.

pmblair
10-19-2007, 11:38 PM
If you leave a detailed quote breaking down everything and its costs, then they could see what they cost would be on just what they want done... or, they may see the whole thing and say "Wow, maybe we should just get it all done."

That's just one idea, though...

Steve
10-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Would most home owner associations also have websites to help you look this stuff up?

pmblair
10-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I would imagine just the opposite.... that most would not. The HoA is for that specific neighborhood... they probably have monthly meetings or something since they all live so close.

Steve
10-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Oh very interesting!

Well then how about this for a unique marketing pitch. What if they signed up with you for a years worth of lawn care and you threw in a website designed for them!

Clean Lawn
10-21-2007, 01:43 PM
OK someone said something about a HOA box? Where the heck did you see something like that? I know I asked where to find information regarding HOA on another thread because I was curious how people got into the information loop to bid for these properties and is there a HOA for every housing area, not just the apartments or condo's? Yeah its a silly question but no I don't know.

Steve
10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Quote[/b] ]OK someone said something about a HOA box? Where the heck did you see something like that?

I think they meant the post office box?

Quote[/b] ]is there a HOA for every housing area, not just the apartments or condo's?
I don't think so.

I should do more investigation on this but I am thinking somewhere there should be a list of homeowner associations. There must be some sort of mailing list available.

FourSeasons
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Quote[/b] ]is there a HOA for every housing area, not just the apartments or condo's?

I think that generally most newer housing communities or developments have a HOA. Especially if you go thru a neighborhood where you see a lot of lawn areas that are more of a common area than part of someones yard. Someone has to do the hiring for maintenance on those areas.

Quote[/b] ]OK someone said something about a HOA box? Where the heck did you see something like that?

I've seen it in a couple of neighbor hoods around here. They have their own little HOA box next to the main group of post office boxes. Its probably not to common