PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOODNESS

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
You all are not going to believe the past 6 days. I am not sure what exactly has happened but my phone will not stop. I got the truck painted ( no pics available yet) last Sat. I walked and passed some flyers. I also contacted a few of my local real estate agencies. I picked up some properties that consist of 6 duplexes on three acers of land. I am doing the weekly maintence as well I talked them into landscaping. I wish I knew what exactly got me all the attention all of a sudden. I did go a few miles away from the mouth of the ex so I am sure that helped me.

I had an agent at on e of the real eatate companies tell me of another area to "flyer" so I think I'll do that one this weekend.
One good thing with all this flyering the kids sure were tired.

Steve
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
That is awesome! Congratulations!

Did you paint the mowers too?

Can we see the flyer you created?

SerranoLandscaping
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
congrats. Send your good luck my way http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
The flyers were just simple and to the point. As handing them out I expressed the fact that I do fall clean up as well because I realized I did not put it on the flyers.

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes mowers got paint too! *They all look great. *I'll get pics as soon as I can. *After this week they will probably need a bath first.

Steve
10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
This is so fantastic! You must be feeling totally excited about all this.

Once you get pictures, you really should consider sending out a press release to the local papers about this.

This is very interesting stuff and it's inspiring to readers!

What is next now for your marketing? Where are you going to be taking this?

Are you posting this on craigslist too?

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I guess I need to keep doing what I've done for the past week. I do want to put something in the newspaper. I have not heard from Chestin yet. Email but no phone call yet.

I did post to craigslist as well as another yard sale type site in my area.

Steve
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Quote[/b] ]I guess I need to keep doing what I've done for the past week. I do want to put something in the newspaper. I have not heard from Chestin yet. Email but no phone call yet.

No problem, we can put it together.

What I am envisioning is you and your children posing similarly to the way you have previously posed. Have the new mowers in front too. Then we could come up with a unique hook for the title.

The key to success? Just add Pink!

Something like that.

And then in the press release we could say something to the effect of a local Moseley Creek mom found herself in a tough situation. Recently going through a divorce and raising two children all while running her own business, Teresa was looking for a way to make all of this work.

Her solution? She added a touch of pink!

That's right. After much consideration and reflection, Teresa decided what she needed to do, to really pull herself out of a depressing situation was to make everything look happier. Make it look prettier. To Teresa, nothing looks better now than seeing her two children sitting atop of their new custom painted pink lawn mowers in front of her custom painted pink truck.

Something like that to start with and then we can go a little deeper into the story.

What's your view so far?

pnplawn
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Still waiting on word for your website. Have you came up with the domain yet? Let me know.

Rodman

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds good why did you stop there?

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 16 2007,8:05)]Still waiting on word for your website. Have you came up with the domain yet? Let me know.

Rodman
Sorry I got lost in the phone calls I plan to do all that tomorrow afternoon.

landonkade
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Quote[/b] (moseley creek @ Oct. 16 2007,6:45)]You all are not going to believe the past 6 days. *I am not sure what exactly has happened but my phone will not stop. *I got the truck painted ( no pics available yet) last Sat. *I walked and passed some flyers. *I also contacted a few of my local real estate agencies. *I picked up some properties that consist of 6 duplexes on three acers of land. *I am doing the weekly maintence as well I talked them into landscaping. *I wish I knew what exactly got me all the attention all of a sudden. *I did go a few miles away from the mouth of the ex so I am sure that helped me. *

I had an agent at on e of the real eatate companies tell me of another area to "flyer" so I think I'll do that one this weekend.
One good thing with all this flyering the kids sure were tired.
what was the percentage of responces of calls compared to a white truck to a PINK TRUCK

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 16 2007,8:08)][what was the percentage of responces of calls compared to a white truck to a PINK TRUCK
Well I had hardly no calls comming in then all in one weekend I did the truck, flyers and real estate companies. I was not driving "the big truck" as the kids call it, just my pick up. Gee should I go from maroon to pink with that too?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Steve
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Quote[/b] ]Sounds good why did you stop there?

Then we could go on to say.

In 2005 Teresa started Moseley Creek Lawn Care with her husband as a way to reach for the American dream of owning their own business. A few short years later, Teresa's found herself in an abusive relationship where she knew her only option was to get out and find a new path.

Going it alone, she found the life of a single mom with a business to run, was a daunting challenge. If she was going to be successful and find happiness for her children and herself, this was challenge Teresa needed to conquer and she did just it by adding pink!

"If this business was going to work, it was going to need to stand out" Teresa said. I thought to myself, "what would really be different. What would make me stand out in an industry dominated by men and that's when it came to me. Paint everything pink!" That's when it happened!

Talking to one of her friends, still trying to catch her breath, Teresa said "You all are not going to believe the past 6 days. I am not sure what exactly has happened but my phone will not stop. I got the truck painted last Sat and I already picked up some properties that consist of 6 duplexes on three acres of land! I am doing the weekly maintenance, as well I talked them into landscaping. I wish I knew what exactly got me all the attention all of a sudden. It's got to be the pink truck!"

What an inspiring story! What an inspiring woman! When asked what advice she would offer other women who find themselves in an unhappy or abusive situation Teresa reflected and said "you need to look inside and ask yourself, what makes you happy. What puts a smile on your face. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved things that were pink. Well that still holds true today." As she looks out her window and gazes upon her freshly painted pink truck, she nods her head affirmatively and says, "you gotta follow the path that makes you happy and your dreams will come true."

In this case, her path to happiness is paved in pink.

Quote[/b] ]Gee should I go from maroon to pink with that too
I think that would be awesome! Go with what works! This is your hook! This makes you stand out! It is working too!

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Here it is all together. Will wait till I get other pics to send in to the paper. One question, should I add contact info??

The key to success? Just add Pink!

A local Hubert mom found herself in a tough situation. Recently going through a divorce and raising two children all while running her own business, Teresa was looking for a way to make all of this work.

Her solution? She added a touch of pink!

That's right. After much consideration and reflection, Teresa decided what she needed to do, to really pull herself out of a depressing situation was to make everything look happier. Make it look prettier. To Teresa, nothing looks better now than seeing her two children sitting atop of their new custom painted pink lawn mowers in front of her custom painted pink truck.

In 2005 Teresa started Moseley Creek Lawn Care with her husband as a way to reach for the American dream of owning their own business. A few short years later, Teresa's found herself in an abusive relationship where she knew her only option was to get out and find a new path.

Going it alone, she found the life of a single mom with a business to run, was a daunting challenge. If she was going to be successful and find happiness for her children and herself, this was a challenge Teresa needed to conquer and she did just it by adding pink!

"If this business was going to work, it was going to need to stand out" Teresa said. I thought to myself, "what would really be different. What would make me stand out in an industry dominated by men and that's when it came to me. Paint everything pink!" That's when it happened!

Talking to one of her friends, still trying to catch her breath, Teresa said "You all are not going to believe the past 6 days. I am not sure what exactly has happened but my phone will not stop. I got the truck painted last Sat and I already picked up some properties that consist of 6 duplexes on three acres of land! I am doing the weekly maintenance, as well I talked them into landscaping. I wish I knew what exactly got me all the attention all of a sudden. It's got to be the pink truck!"

What an inspiring story! What an inspiring woman! When asked what advice she would offer other women who find themselves in an unhappy or abusive situation Teresa reflected and said "you need to look inside and ask yourself, what makes you happy. What puts a smile on your face. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved things that were pink. Well that still holds true today." As she looks out her window and gazes upon her freshly painted pink truck, she nods her head affirmatively and says, "you gotta follow the path that makes you happy and your dreams will come true."

In this case, her path to happiness is paved in pink.

Steve
10-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Quote[/b] ]Here it is all together. Will wait till I get other pics to send in to the paper. One question, should I add contact info??

Yes absolutely. Is there any other details you would like to add? Or are any details incorrect? This was just put together from memory of all you have posted. Would you like anything worded differently?

moseley creek
10-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Like I sorta said before. I am just a typical average person and don't like "talking myself up". I know what I have is great. I can talk customers into things that I can do. Just can't write good things about myself. My town is Hubert so I changed that. Moseley Creek is a very small almost nonexhistant creek here. Just liked the name of it so I used it. I'm gonna print it out and have my best friend look at it.

Steve
10-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Good! Let us know what your friend thinks. Then, wait until you get your pictures taken. That is going to be a big key in hopefully getting this or something similar to it published.

An editor might just use this or they might want to send someone over to talk with you and get more for the story but either way, it's a great platform to build from. I think this is going to be very helpful in getting the word out about your business. We can also try and get it published in trade publications as well. Also local television stations.

When you get the pics let me know. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

FourSeasons
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
My weekly community paper has a section called "women in business". They feature a women every week that run their own business. This week they have a small story about a woman who survived breast cancer.
In it she talks about how she has always dreamed of owning her own business and she finally went for it after surving the cancer. She talks bout her 4 kids and how she as always enjoyed ceramics as a hobby and finally opened her own business for it.
Kind of similar scenario as yours. She has a difficult problem in her life. Overcomes it and goes on to start her own business.
Now she gets all that advertisement in the paper.

Anyways your local paper might not have a section like this but you could suggest it. If they like it you might be the first to be featured. You could also put something about a dream of owning your own *lawn care business. Your overcoming this situation and turning it positive.

Sounds like you already got a good article. But just thought I'd ad this.

jeannette4
10-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Good job! Way to get it done! I was just wondering if you have any employee's?

moseley creek
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Quote[/b] (jeannette4 @ Oct. 17 2007,12:14)]Good job! Way to get it done! I was just wondering if you have any employee's?
Not yet. The day will come though when there are several pink trucks running about. Right now it's just me. Last summer my kids came with me. My son did alot of weedeating for me. Mainly the ditches. I can do 7 or 8 half to an acre lawns a day by myself without feeling like I'm 60 when I'm done. I do have a friend that i refer any "man" work to like cutting a tree down or something like that and he always gives me a cut.