PDA

View Full Version : Gravesite Cleaning

pmblair
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Do any of you do gravesite cleaning? It would be pretty easy money if you can get the clients. I'm thinking a good way to market this service would be to go to funeral homes and hand out your business cards. Also, go to the cemeteries and give them cards, too. Some cemeteries do major landscape maintenance, but they often forget the fine details around the graves themselves.

Just a thought.

Steve
10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
How would you clean them? Could you power wash them or would that harm them?

pnplawn
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Most cemeteries have there own in house mowing service.

pmblair
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
The place where my mom is buried is IN the cemetery, but it is sectioned off. The cemetery takes care of the main lot and the grouped plots, but the sectioned off ones are (I guess) up to the family to take care of...

Check my site HERE (http://www.greenandcleanga.com/services.html) and it tells more.

tuscangardens
02-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I have a huge cemetary right next to my house, which is also right next to a school.....well in the winter months, i notices that the sidewalks were not taken care of at all and the kids were walking in the street to avoid the sidewalk...and its long too....about 1 mile if you add it up....
i politely called them to ask about my company taking care of it and was told that they were not responsible for the sidewalks. then i called the city to see who is responsible for these sidewalks and they told me the cemetary...
i then called the cemetary back, and very nicley explained that if they need any help with anything, grass, plowing, etc...to call me, and that they were resopnsible for these walks that were a hazard for the school kids. and............... they called me for the cleaning of the sidewalks...huge job @ $1.00 per minute per man, plus .25 per pound of salt!!!!

Maybe more work in the summer from them.

oh yeah, it helps alot when you live 2 blocks from it...prople seem to stick with the locals, ya know????

musician/lawnman
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Do any of you do gravesite cleaning?

Tried it once..... business was dead.
:D

Sorry, that was too easy not to throw out there.

Steve
02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
i then called the cemetary back, and very nicley explained that if they need any help with anything, grass, plowing, etc...to call me, and that they were resopnsible for these walks that were a hazard for the school kids. and............... they called me for the cleaning of the sidewalks...huge job @ $1.00 per minute per man, plus .25 per pound of salt!!!!

That is an awesome story! I think that would make for some great marketing material. Telling the potential customer they could be fined for not cleaning their sidewalks of snow and then offering to do it for them!

Great job!

Will you be doing this more often now? Keeping on the look out for snow covered sidewalks?

tuscangardens
02-25-2009, 09:22 AM
after finding this info out, the sidewalks for the cemetary, i did a little digging..

i figured out that i wanted to be registered with the city here. it is an easy process and i think it will generate tons of business for me.

heres how i did it:

i called the city and asked them how to get on that list of contractors, all you need is your proof of insurance, and your companys ein #.

this list is when the city inspectors notice something wrong while doing a general inspection of a house or building, it is a list of contractors the owners have to use.

then, there are no "landscaping" categories, just plumbing, electrical, structural, masonary, etc.
so there, i got a masonary license, ($175.00, no test at all!)

then when the list gets updated, there you are, your on it.
i suggest you get the list in your area and review it for info.

if there is anyone who has not kept their sidewalks clearedalso, they get a fine from the city, and this list of contractors. the owners now HAVE to use someone on that list.
my company is the only one on the list that says landscaping on it. so we will see next printing of the list.
they also fine if the grass is over 6 inches here, so maybe ill be getting calls for that also.
you guys should look into it, im sure its diffrent in every city but it may be worth it because its easy to do.

also ive been trying to get my website and name up on the google list...try to google me (tuscan gardens llc, pa), just to see if you can find me......im just curious.

see ya

Paul

Steve
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
if there is anyone who has not kept their sidewalks clearedalso, they get a fine from the city, and this list of contractors. the owners now HAVE to use someone on that list.
my company is the only one on the list that says landscaping on it. so we will see next printing of the list.

WOW! I have never heard of such a thing! I knew that you had to keep your sidewalks cleared but hey good for you! You found this out and you jumped on the opportunity! Smart!

Keep us posted on how all that goes.

also ive been trying to get my website and name up on the google list...try to google me (tuscan gardens llc, pa), just to see if you can find me......im just curious.

I found you placed 2nd and 3rd on the search engine results.

What is next in your marketing master plan?

tuscangardens
02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
to be on the first page of google for:

dunmore pa gutter clean outs
Scranton pa gutter clean outs
dunmore pa landscaping
scranton pa landscaping
scranton pa mowing
dunmore pa mowing

just about anything i can think of that people would type in google.
it takes a while to do but it should pan out in the spring

someone reffered these steps to me but im kind of doing it my own way instead of paying $1000. i think its called the dothan lawn care caper or something.

Steve
02-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Are you keeping track of where you rank now for those search terms and then track it over time to see if you raise or lower your ranking?

tuscangardens
02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
on 2-20-09 i wasnt even on anywhere, just a little bit
on 2-26-09 i am almost dominating google
just landscaping and lawn care are hard to get on top of the list cuz they are popular key words
but i am working on it.
to answer your question, i am keeping track.. you pretty much have to.

Steve
02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Do you have any advice to offer newer lawn care business owners who are just getting started and looking to get their website to rank higher?