PDA

View Full Version : Late Night

Steve
09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
What's your favorite late night talk show or do you have one?

I just finished reading a book called inventing late night. It talked about Steve Allen who was the original host of NBC's tonight show.

NBC executives created three shows which were designed to keep viewers watching NBC all day. For the morning slot they created the Today show. For the afternoon a show called Home, which is no longer in production and for the evening, the Tonight show.

This was back in the mid 50's and two of those shows are still on the air!

Here is a picture of Steve and his wife from 1987.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Steve_Allen.jpg/800px-Steve_Allen.jpg

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-06-2007, 10:30 PM
I have watched the Tonight Show since I was a kid. Remember Johnny and Ed and Doc? Funny stuff. If the TV is on at that hour these days, it's normally on the same channel with Jay Leno.

I'm not a poker player at all but, lately, I've found myself watching Poker After Dark if I'm up that late. It doesn't come on until 3 though. So, I'm normally in bed.

Steve
09-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I do like Jay Leno. I think he puts together a very entertaining show. I used to enjoy the older Dave Letterman show when he was on really late and he was more um free wheeling.

Doc was a trumpet player in the original Tonight show! He was nicknamed Little Doc, growing up, because his dad was a dentist.

As far as the poker shows, the world series of poker has really amazed me. I really like watching them! Las Vegas really hit a homerun with that concept.

It's amazing how many people are into this show and want to take part in the competition!

Little's
09-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Conan Obrien. But anymore, I dont get to stay up late enough to watch it.