PDA

View Full Version : Midwest flooding

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I've been following the flooding in the Midwest, particularly the southeast MN area. My two kids are visiting their grandmother in Filmore County which is adjacent to Houston County which really took a beating. I recognized lots of the locations from photos I've seen. Virtually entire towns were flooded out and damaged,

I'd like to know how our fellow contractors in MN, IL, WS, and OH are faring. Any pictures or stories?

Steve
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Did they send you any pictures of the area the were at?

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Filmore County is the only county in MN w/o any natural lakes or ponds thanks to an Ice Age fluke. Where they are is high and dry so the rain wasn't an issue. The area to the east of them, where the bluff country begins, is where all the problems are.

They couldn't take any pictures in places like Rushford or along the Root River thru Houston County since those areas are still blocked off to residents only. I've taken my motorcycle on rides many times thru that area as its a great ride with great scenery. Big recreational area too. All of it damaged to some extent all the way to the Mississippi River, about 45 miles from Rushford.

I've seen plenty of pictures on the net, its pretty bad. Been the worst flooding in that area since the 1860's when 30 settlers drowned in flooding.

tiedeman
08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
thank god we have no flooding. We finally received some much needed rain here on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and a little bit this morning