PDA

View Full Version : Women employees

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
07-29-2007, 11:50 AM
This may have been brought up before, but I am interested in other's experiences with women on board. And vice versa, men working for women.

I have been using my oldest daughter to help out on days that are booked up solid and my wife on weekends when I have to catch up due to weather delays. Both have a pretty good work ethic and are willing to jump in.

I have noticed that both mingle very well with my customers. Especially other women and those with pets. I have no problem letting them take 10 to play with the dogs or shoot the breeze as I figure it is to my benefit in the long run. Its a family business and the relationship that gets developed shows another side of us that helps build loyalty from the customer.

When the day comes that I take on non-family employees, probably women, I intend to keep on letting them mingle with the customers. Personality and work ethic will be the two characteristics I will require.

Anybody else notice the same thing?

Steve
07-29-2007, 01:30 PM
You know, I have noticed a lot more women becoming involved with the forum and I think that is a great thing.

tiedeman
07-31-2007, 11:19 PM
I personally have only ever hired one female worker, and nothing against females, because my wife has worked for me before and did a great job, but this girl was horrible. She only last 2 weeks before I finally fired her. She never waited to do the same grunt work as the guys, and when I would tell her to do something she would roll her eyes at me. Like I said, she didn't last long