PDA

View Full Version : County Contract

pnplawn
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey everyone,

I got a contract with the county. It is for 125 miles of county road way. Most of the road way is residential.It can be cut with a ZTR. Its a 3 year contract @ $175,000 a year. The 125 miles has to be cleaned and mowed within the first 20 days of each month. Any comments on this? The contract starts June the 1st.

Steve
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Rodman,

First off congratulations!

The next thing I was wondering is, how long would it take to do this work?

Billz
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
How many times per month do you do it? once?

tiedeman
05-01-2007, 08:37 PM
What do they mean by clean up? Are you talking about trash? To me, it sounds likes a lot of work for a ZTR. It would be better for a brush cutter instead in my opinion

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
05-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd like some more info on the particulars of the contract requirements before I can say anything one way or the other.

How wide to mow, trash pick up, cutting with what machine, using a crew? *20+ days a month M-F, rain or shine, thats over 6.25 miles a day you have to do.

Have to admit it does sound like a money maker at this point.

plumgreekmob
05-03-2007, 02:50 AM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif Dude good score.And may i ask how you obtained this contract did you put a bid in etc..?
I would look at it this way. ok you 8 months of cutting.(a season where i live can last 8 months) and 125 miles a cut.you have to do both sides. so that 2,000 miles a year of cutting depending on if its a one pass per side job.so if its a one pass job look at it this way ,say you got your ztr and it desides to only go one mile per hour .your looking at 30 hours a week if you do it your self.thats 5,500 a week for 30 hours of work.take away how much ever for the insurance and so fourth gas etc......well say on the worst day you need 1500 a week to cover that stuff
and good old taxes #### you another grand.so your left with 3,000 a week!!!not to bad 100 dollars an hour.
But we will get realistic.you will be cruising on your ztr at about 9 miles per hour.You will put up signs on that 250 mile road.your ztr doesnt cost much for the upkeep.You will hire some guy at 8 dollars an hour to do it becasuse quality doesnt matter with a road way job.So what do i have to say about this contract you got?HMMM... gold mine:) free advertising plus a boat load of money to help your business go even further.But dont get to ahead of your self....the walmart empire wasnt built in a day. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

tiedeman
05-03-2007, 08:40 PM
any update on the contract?

pnplawn
05-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I have been trying to give update LOL but I couldnt post on the forum from some reason. Now seems I can. I am still working on it Ill will post a update soon.

Steve
05-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Something happened with a setting. It said you were awaiting authorization so I changed it back. Sorry about that.